gas snipers in colder weather

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi, I am considering trading my tm vsr for a kjw m700 gas powered sniper, what gas would be best in colder weather?

I currently use colemans propane gas.

thanks

andy

• Root Admin

Don't trade it. Gas sniper rifles are crap unless you're using HPA - you need consistency.

You should never be using propane if you're serious about the best performance. Stove gas is dirty and screws up your internals and o-rings over time. If you want the most powerful gas in the UK then it's still Guarder Powerful Gas - Firesupport stock it. Again though, stick with spring. Your TM VSR is basically the most accurate bolt action airsoft rifle out there anyway.

• Supporters

to the OP, why are you looking at switching to gas?

if its to lighten the draw etc, why not get a mancraft SDIK kit, and HPA your VSR ;)B)

when my TM g-spec shows up i plan on mancraft HPA'ing it B)

I can vouch for the Mancraft Kits, had one in my L96 :) not as consitent as an actual regulator such as firebase, Ninja or palmers, but good non the less.

However, my Tanaka M700 is upgraded and runs of HPA and performs well in all weather, I run it on CO2 or HPA, whichever is available.

Gas is as good, if not better than spring if tuned properly :)

• Root Admin

looking to change to gas because operating the bolt is smoother and much lighter.

Get a Mancraft kit if you can.

Sniper rifle is now more complete, powerful and no longer a victim of cold weather! This is the new redesigned, reinforced AIM Gas SVD Airsoft Sniper Rifle.

This reads like an advertisement. The fact of the matter is green gas is always susceptible to varying weather. I would never use a sniper rifle powered by anything other than CO2, HPA or spring - consistency will always be sub-par. DMRs, well, that's a different story.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.