Sign in to follow this  
kylesesh

Airsoft World's Two Tone Paint Is Crap To Say The Least

Having bought a G&G GC16 M0D0 30th Anniversary AEG from them, I paid the extra £10 for the two tone pattern.

On receiving it in the post, I found the paint to be of shoddy quality, and with a little dab of sticky remover, the paint came straight off

I thought two tones where supposed to be tamper proof.

No I previously had a ukara, but it went out of date, and have just started to get back into airsoft... I'm just saying, I thought Airsoft World's two tone paint, would've been more durable, but it came off like butter... Just surprised at the quality of the paint/

Edited by Monty
Ukara isn't a license

if you want a REAL challenge get a 2-tone from Zero One

those mofo's boat that green crap on

reckon more 12yr old's will be hitting AirsoftWorld for 2-tone's now

and lets face it - the snakeskin pattern was always gonna be a little dubious

if it really 101% met the vcra guidelines - which imho it don't say IF at a split second glance

well no way like a JBBG vivid dayglo orange/black gun

i have had 2 guns from airsoft world, and they are both 2 toned. i agree the paint is put on quite thinly but i think thats half the point. i am more then happy with my paint 'wearing off' quite quickly

overall i am very happy with the service from them

it is a light dusting - probably done with an airbrush I reckon considering the amount of toning they do

yup they could give a couple of coats of blue but it may screw it if the 2nd or 3rd goes a bit crap

if they varnish it then that is more crap to remove to get to the blue underneath

(plus it may give it a gloss or matt - but still alter the sheen or finish of some of gun

also bear in mind not many places have the 30th left anyway

and £150 + 2-tone fee is still a good option to a Ford Raider

(nothing wrong with Raider but the 30th is deffo a worthy consideration for a metal gun for such little extra)

must admit I love my raider 30th, sweet gun, robust build, nice accuracy, sprays bb's like no one's business/

it is a light dusting - probably done with an airbrush I reckon considering the amount of toning they do

yup they could give a couple of coats of blue but it may screw it if the 2nd or 3rd goes a bit crap

if they varnish it then that is more crap to remove to get to the blue underneath

(plus it may give it a gloss or matt - but still alter the sheen or finish of some of gun

also bear in mind not many places have the 30th left anyway

and £150 + 2-tone fee is still a good option to a Ford Raider

(nothing wrong with Raider but the 30th is deffo a worthy consideration for a metal gun for such little extra)

I could literally scratch the paint off of the two guns I bought from zero one.

Not on my s/hand Raider....

The crane stick still has a number of vivid visual specs still on it, the Raider ris was a ball ache indeed but was my personal mission to get that green crap off 99.999%

Still keeping the numbers on the ris rail

Worse one ever was a JG A47 sniper

Jeez that was mega coated on that I just sanded the whole thing off of thick blue paint leaving the original fake plastic wood underneath. Sort of mahogany looking but is as smooth as a baby's ar$e now