Whats your thought on this?

kylesesh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I was at a skirmish and someone rolled up dressed (By choice) as an SS officer I know there weould be a prize for causing that player as much pain & suffering as possible during the day. Its one of these moments where someones personal belief's would be instantly assumed by others.

There is no reasonable excuse for this, you're a horrible person if you advocate causing unnecessary physical pain to another human being.

However, for an ordinary skirmish, the chances of encountering someone who may be offended (and unable to overlook it) as a result of personal history is much higher than someone at a WW2 enactment, I would imagine.

But does one need to legitimise their offence before their objection holds validity, in many cases yes, but here - no.

I'll defend a lot of free expression, but bearing the nazi version of the swastika I cannot.

IMO this is offensive (doesn't make it not funny):

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=900&bih=858&q=grammar+nazi&oq=gramm&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.1072.2425.0.4463.5.5.0.0.0.0.82.298.5.5.0.ckpsrh...0...1.1.64.img..0.5.294.HAxS32Ilm7w&gws_rd=cr&ei=94W2VZD6I4Xue8jjluAO#tbm=isch&q=grammar+nazi+logo

Are you sure Airsoft is the right sport for you?

:)

Played CQB with just a t-shirt and PC (no pouches) for uppers at the weekend, an educational experience. Twack Twack is a good sound, but the reality is it was Twack Twack Twack Twack Twack Twack.

don't worry, wearing MTP/DPM/etc etc will offend some people B)

Only people with taste haha

There is no reasonable excuse for this, you're a horrible person if you advocate causing unnecessary physical pain to another human being.

I don't think you'd like one of our pistol CQB free for alls or our even more painful but highly entertaining CQB and I'm talking within 5-10 m fully auto free for alls, aim to dish out pain, it's absolutely hilarious fun 😂

No there isnt and as an intelligent person you seem to be ignoring the 6 million Jewish people (as well an as gypsies & atrisans) who were killed or worked to death in the camps of WW2 which this person is reprisenting during a "fun" days skirmishing.

And you seem to jump on this fact fact as somethig worth noting?

I believe your sense of scale in terms of this conversation is out of kilter.

For instance during one of our skirmish days a group turned up dressed as power rangers, ironman & Captain America. All in unpadded lycra bright coloured outfits. They instantly became a prefered target for the day, at times being hit from multiple directions all at once. Although you seem a little offended by their suffering they did in fact put themselves in that situation on purpose.Its was top fun.

I'm afraid this is simular to what I posted above but the differance is these people were copying fun fictional characters. the OP is asking about a uniform & wearing insignia's of a troop of people who were hand picked from the ranks of the third reich because of their extreme right wing views. Left unchecked they commited one of the most horrific attricities ever recorded in the history of mankind and he is choosing to create this loadout for fun ?

Airsoft is a sport where pain is inflicted on your victim. You may be in the wrong sport if you are worried about causing suffering on others (or even worse encouraging others to do so), and you may need some private time to consider if the deaths of millions of men women and children is as noteworthy as a few bruises caused on someone during an airsoft skirmish.

Although I'm not arguing the point that dressing up as the SS is a good idea, it's not. End of.

Any millitary uniform has also been used to kill many people the world over. If we are going to take such a moral high ground to say SS is bad taste should we also stop wearing multi glam or dpm for fear of cultural sensitivities?

Although I'm not arguing the point that dressing up as the SS is a good idea, it's not. End of.

Any millitary uniform has also been used to kill many people the world over. If we are going to take such a moral high ground to say SS is bad taste should we also stop wearing multi glam or dpm for fear of cultural sensitivities?

Although I can see your point and it is valid.

The SS was not a fighting unit, they were a close protection unit (At the beginning) and developed into a unit that carried out operations like the taking of asset's & the organisation of forced labour camps. Wearing a soldiers uniform I suppose is not the issue, its the replication and wearing of a uniform of a unit that was specifically used for the liquidation of countries economic structures and the disolvement of a race of people and captive soldiers, for instance Auschwitz-Birkenau was origionally designed to store and liquidate Russian soldiers it was designed to cause maximum suffering to its inhabitants, the idea was to accelorate that spread of infection and disease. In effect the act to create a horrible slow and agonising death for the inhabitants. And the unit used to carry out brutal security to these facilities ? Yes the SS because of their brutal MO.

The SS unit was specific unit to fill a specific roll, none of these related to being a fighting role. Although it could be argues that all airsoft skirmishers do in fact dress like trained killers, noone dresses like a operative trained specifically for the mass killings of innocents & defenseless people.

I hope i'm comng across as none argumentative, I just want to clarify the differance between the Third Reich and the SS.

I hope the thread has become informative and answers the OP's question adequately.

• Root Admin

You may know that but most people won't. A sad fact of life is that one always needs to cater to the lowest common denominator, and that's that the SS are naughty people who did naughty things. It's just probably not worth it - save the uniform for a re-enactment day or something.

No there isnt and as an intelligent person you seem to be ignoring the 6 million Jewish people (as well an as gypsies & atrisans) who were killed or worked to death in the camps of WW2 which this person is reprisenting during a "fun" days skirmishing.

It is not relevant to what I said. And what I said had admittedly nothing to do with the thread topic, but was relevant because encouraging immoral conduct is not something to be accepted, to lie down and say "it's ok to encourage people to be cruel"?

And you seem to jump on this fact fact as somethig worth noting?

I believe your sense of scale in terms of this conversation is out of kilter.

Scale? WWII has no relevance to encouraging the hurting of others, next we'll hurt the homosexuals?

For instance during one of our skirmish days a group turned up dressed as power rangers, ironman & Captain America. All in unpadded lycra bright coloured outfits. They instantly became a prefered target for the day, at times being hit from multiple directions all at once. Although you seem a little offended by their suffering they did in fact put themselves in that situation on purpose.Its was top fun.

I'm afraid this is simular to what I posted above but the differance is these people were copying fun fictional characters. the OP is asking about a uniform & wearing insignia's of a troop of people who were hand picked from the ranks of the third reich because of their extreme right wing views. Left unchecked they commited one of the most horrific attricities ever recorded in the history of mankind and he is choosing to create this loadout for fun ?

A co-incidence and deliberately encouraging harm upon people who have done nothing but exercise their rights to freedom of expression is not right, just look at the response to charlie hebdo, was that "muslim offence be damned" (?) no it was not, it was about freedom of expression.

Airsoft is a sport where pain is inflicted on your victim. You may be in the wrong sport if you are worried about causing suffering on others (or even worse encouraging others to do so),

Again you're making connection that does not exist, that I think encouraging unnecessary harm upon other humans is cruel has nothing to do with airsoft, I'm not sure why more than one person has said that.

and you may need some private time to consider if the deaths of millions of men women and children is as noteworthy as a few bruises caused on someone during an airsoft skirmish.

Not sure if you're comparing the two or what, but I cannot see how either are connected nor the point you're making, but do not presume to conclude my personal feelings on matters because I don't to object to something universally offensive. I'll just leave this here:

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

If the OP gets what's coming to him, so be it. I said all I had to on the OP in my initial post - I gave him a moral defence. But I will not sit idle while someone is encouraging other's to break the law. Especially violent crime. If you're wondering what I am talking about in relation to airsoft, tell me the person coming up the stairs in this video was not breaking the law when he shot the cameraman on full auto point blank in the gut.

Sorry if this is argumentative - I'm trying to separate WW2 from 'Thou shall not hurt others' - I give up; Because you're effectively concluding "its ok to hurt people if you think you have a good reason" - now how's that any different to the nazis?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you are a horrible person, which why I bolded the 'if' in my original statement.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Pre-Katie Hopkins thinking.

Symbolism of genocide isnt something you should display without expecting reactions.

wearing it isnt good idea.

beating people up has never been implied or encouraged by me or anyone (Neither homosexual or anyone else) as a matter of fact I would defend anyone who was being attacked for who they are, their actions, thats something else that is bigger than an airsoft forum.

If you turn up in brightly coloured lycra to a skirmish your gonna get shot, thats because your easy to spot & the players wearing the outfits knew that. In a way thats why they wore their kit. I spent the day chatting to them in the safe zone and although they ended the day battered and brusied they were treat with friendship like they always would be. on one would beat them up or do something horrible to them & why would they ?

Deliberately wearing a uniform that can & will cause offense.....sorry I cant see that ending well. The OP asked for opinions & thats what he got. If you want to argue all day, do so but it wont change anything.

I think your making more presumptions than your letting on tbh and thats your perogative. I've said my piece and people seem to be agreeing with what I said.As far as i know I've never encouraged anyone to break the law and wouldnt anyway.

you dont have to say sorry for being argumentative but it obvious that you are (But thanks for the PM anyway).

Just to clarify I dont condone beating anyone up or attacking someone for being themselves, but going out and doing something that is pretty stupid (like wearing an SS uniform and signifying all that it connected with) and causing offence to others isnt a good idea, because no one can really say what would happen.

An opionion was asked for & was given. Going on & on really isnt something I see as being useful

Lock this shit already..its swings & roundabouts now..wanna be less offensive do a M.bison loadout from street fighter..not that you deserve this excellent idea KsGZUW3.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.