Whats your thought on this?

kylesesh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been planning on going the whole SS Officer loadout.

Uniform, Hat, Boots, Armband, Holster, Luger etc.

Would any airsoft site owners have a problem with dressing up in this attire or would the politically correct at the site have a field day and throw me out?

Before you ask, no I'm not a racist, but I have always preferred the SS Officer uniform in terms of style and look, compared to British officer looks... And I would only wear it at airsoft sites, and won't be doing my shopping while wearing it.

Any suggestions?

Personally I'd just keep it for themed WW2 games. Mostly because people sometimes don't have as open a mindset about it as others and strong opinions will be made about your loadout.

I really couldn't care if they voice their opinions... its supposed to be an enjoyable day out and if they want to get crappy just because of my loadout then they really need to reorganise their priorities if they get offended by clothing.

If I were you I'd just put a standard Wehrmacht officer's loadout together. Some units of the SS were responsible for running concentration camps, and so the SS has a massive stigma surrounding it. The Wehrmacht does not have this stigma as they were combat only, and so you won't have to worry about what others think.

In fact, some members of the Wehrmacht saved jews and non-jews from the concentration camps- Anton Schmid, a sergeant in the army, helped about 250 Jewish men, women & children to escape from the Vilnius ghetto and also provided them with forged passports and documents. For this he was court martialled and executed.

If you dressed as a standard German Army officer from WWII instead of as an SS officer, you can tell ignorant name callers about Anton Schmid and how he saved so many jews for his own sacrifice.

Personally I would avoid skirmishes dressed as SS.

Doesn't matter how you feel about it, players will react based on how they feel about it and you can't rely on a high level of knowledge about German units.

You either don't care and deal with any prejudice as it happens or you do something else.

WW2 themed games shouldn't be a problem. I just came back from War and Peace down in Folkestone and saw lots and lots of Nazi's, many of them real Germans

in Tiger tanks.

• Supporters

I wouldn't chance it and go for one of the German units like Russ mentioned. There was a thread about WW2 German uniforms over on Zero In a while back that quickly became an explosion in a see you next tuesday factory(there's some pretty impressive leaps of logic if you look it up) . Even regular German uniforms seem to upset some people, but SS ones are pushing your luck.

Turning up to a regular skirmish dressed as an SS officer...just no.

People look on us badly enough as it is, please don't make it any worse. Can imagine the daily mail article now..

This is one of those times where you have to carefully consider what other people's feelings and emotions will be, based in your own actions.

Choosing to dress as an officer of the SS WILL cause offence to other people as you will be a physical representation of the atrocities that were commited. Even if you don't mean any offence, it will be caused.

If I was you I'd do some research into what the SS did and I don't mean just read Wikipedia. Go to the library, get some books out and learn what happens. The SS commited many many attrociates killing innocents, including women and children, simply based on their beliefs. Crimes so horrendous that they cannot and should not be forgotten. I very much doubt you will want to wear an SS Uniform once you see what they represent, regardless of how smart or stylish they look.

I really couldn't care if they voice their opinions... its supposed to be an enjoyable day out and if they want to get crappy just because of my loadout then they really need to reorganise their priorities if they get offended by clothing.

My recommendation:

Kid, please, do things in real life smarter, wiser and nicer than any of your current attitude here.

• Supporters

To be honest I think their priorities aren't what needs to be reorganised but maybe your attitude does.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.