Krytac bb's

Kevin the gerbil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A quick question has anybody had experience with krytac bb's I have been using blaster .20 and .25.

I have recently got a krytac trident because I was told they are one of the best for the money, I just wondered if the bb's they do are as good as the guns, I also have noticed no one stocks them on the popular uk web sites they are only on the krytac web site, any advice would be appreciated

• Root Admin

This is a question for Google - no one in the UK runs these for the reason that you've just given in your OP, but the consensus seems to be that they're alright. HPA owners don't seem to rave about them, and that's where consistency really reveals itself, but for AEGs and your standard GBBs they get good reviews. Then again, I find some of the American airsofting community to be so cripplingly susceptible to advertising that their recommendations tend to be all over the place.

May I ask what it really matters if they're not readily available here anyway, or is this just curiosity?

Curiosity if anyone has used them, blasters are fine in my opinion loads of uk sites have them just wondered if krytac bb's are any good as 4000 from the U.S. are $10.95 which is £7 roughly plus postage not sure how much that will be.

My thought behind it was if they are good bb's I would ask my local shop to see if they can get there hands on them easily enough so I could use them with the gun they make.

• Supporters

Curiosity if anyone has used them, blasters are fine in my opinion loads of uk sites have them just wondered if krytac bb's are any good as 4000 from the U.S. are $10.95 which is £7 roughly plus postage not sure how much that will be.

My thought behind it was if they are good bb's I would ask my local shop to see if they can get there hands on them easily enough so I could use them with the gun they make.

I wouldn't worry about matching the brand of bbs to the gun there would honestly be no benefit. Just because Krytac make good guns doesnt mean they make good bbs. Doubt your local shop would get them anyway as they would have to import them the same as you. Just use any decent bb brand that are easily available.

Krytac dont seem overly fussed with the UK market so I wouldnt hold my breath on the bbs turning up in uk stores anytime soon. Cant even get a Crb most of the time and when I emailed them about getting hold of something that I couldnt get in the Uk they wasn't exactly helpful. Give your cash to someone who backs the Uk market not just the US.

• Root Admin

Yup. Frankly all the mid-level BBs one would use in an AEG are by-and-large the same. Some people swear by G&G, some Blasters, some Excel, some BB King, some Guarder, some Madbull. The fact of the matter is they're all basically identical and most people will just recommend you what they happen to have been using for the past few years simply out of ease (usually because they're stocked by their favourite retailer or site).

When you get above .30, that's when you need to start caring about brands because cost comes into it a lot and there are crappy ones out there. Just stick to the big brands and it'll all be fine for .25s.

I wouldn't worry about matching the brand of bbs to the gun there would honestly be no benefit. Just because Krytac make good guns doesnt mean they make good bbs. Doubt your local shop would get them anyway as they would have to import them the same as you. Just use any decent bb brand that are easily available.

Krytac dont seem overly fussed with the UK market so I wouldnt hold my breath on the bbs turning up in uk stores anytime soon. Cant even get a Crb most of the time and when I emailed them about getting hold of something that I couldnt get in the Uk they wasn't exactly helpful. Give your cash to someone who backs the Uk market not just the US.

One thing to consider is Krytac doesn't DIRECTLY distributor in UK but through a distributor. So it's the distributor's responsibility to order enough volume for UK market. Besides, I am pretty sure they are doing this cautiously since it's still consider a new brand in UK. So exactly what did you ask Krytac about?

• Supporters

I contacted Krytac about getting hold of a Crb FDE Cerakote which they sell through their American pro store. I asked if it was possible to get one via a Uk supplier or could they ship one direct. Their response was that they have no plans to sell their Cerakote guns in the Uk and were unwilling to ship one to the Uk. I replied that they were missing out on a market as Krytac guns were growing in popularity and it is almost impossible to get even a standard CRB as the Uk stores were always sold out. Their reply was that this office was for American customers and that there was nothing they were willing to do.

While I understand that they go through a European distributor this response was still a bit poor. Most companies whether Taiwanese or Chinese go through a seperate distributor but are more than willing to help if contacted directly. I contacted a Taiwanese manufacturer about something I was struggling to get and they were extremely helpful and sent it direct free of charge.

Customer service and support obviously matters more to some.

• Supporters

I'm thinking of getting some of my crappy guns engraved

Instead of KRYTAC - I'm looking into getting MY-CRAP engraved on them

(mind you think the engraving would cost more than what my guns are worth)

((soz derailing thread once again))

Somebody feeling bored this morning ☺

• Supporters

one more night left, shooting saturday & everybody will appear as my boss in my sights

just hope I don't go too overkill on anybody that comes into my sights

reality is I still get my ar$e handed to me but I'm getting focused on a more agressive style of play atm

(crap week but better than last week)

anyway - soz enough about me - back to bb's, use whatever you find works best for ya gun

and also what you can get your hands on tbh and avoid buying the crappier ones again

I contacted Krytac about getting hold of a Crb FDE Cerakote which they sell through their American pro store. I asked if it was possible to get one via a Uk supplier or could they ship one direct. Their response was that they have no plans to sell their Cerakote guns in the Uk and were unwilling to ship one to the Uk. I replied that they were missing out on a market as Krytac guns were growing in popularity and it is almost impossible to get even a standard CRB as the Uk stores were always sold out. Their reply was that this office was for American customers and that there was nothing they were willing to do.

While I understand that they go through a European distributor this response was still a bit poor. Most companies whether Taiwanese or Chinese go through a seperate distributor but are more than willing to help if contacted directly. I contacted a Taiwanese manufacturer about something I was struggling to get and they were extremely helpful and sent it direct free of charge.

Customer service and support obviously matters more to some.

My name is Allen and I work for Kriss USA. You can find me as Kriss Allen on Facebook. I apologise that you feel Krytac seemingly neglecting the UK market. I like to explain why there are difficulties to deal with custom gun shipping out from US to other regions. For one, US model HAVE TO HAVE ORANGE TIP during transport. That means if you ever get one will have that ugly orange tip coming with the gun. Two, opening the store to oversea force the US operations to build multiple FPS configurations from 1J to 1.7J just for other regions. We are not ready for that.... yet. Three, you will pay a whole lot more shipping out from US vs. shipping from Asia. And most importantly, we can't provide warranty when shipped over sea. Which positive user experience is important to us. That said, I completely understand your point and Krytac should provide more details why we can't do it. I'll probably meet up with Shield PSD sooner or later and I'll bring up making Cerakote gun availability and support issues with them.

BTW, the gun ran out of stock in UK simply there are more demands than anticipated. Our factory in Taiwan have to fill multiple regions from Italy, Austria, Switzerland and now Canada is added to the list. Production capacity is maxed out right now. Think of growing pain. I believe another UK shipment should be on the way already.

In any case, I welcome any questions and comments. Otherwise, find me on FB, l chat with players all the time.

Cheers.

• Supporters

My name is Allen and I work for Kriss USA. You can find me as Kriss Allen on Facebook. I apologise that you feel Krytac seemingly neglecting the UK market. I like to explain why there are difficulties to deal with custom gun shipping out from US to other regions. For one, US model HAVE TO HAVE ORANGE TIP during transport. That means if you ever get one will have that ugly orange tip coming with the gun. Two, opening the store to oversea force the US operations to build multiple FPS configurations from 1J to 1.7J just for other regions. We are not ready for that.... yet. Three, you will pay a whole lot more shipping out from US vs. shipping from Asia. And most importantly, we can't provide warranty when shipped over sea. Which positive user experience is important to us. That said, I completely understand your point and Krytac should provide more details why we can't do it. I'll probably meet up with Shield PSD sooner or later and I'll bring up making Cerakote gun availability and support issues with them.

BTW, the gun ran out of stock in UK simply there are more demands than anticipated. Our factory in Taiwan have to fill multiple regions from Italy, Austria, Switzerland and now Canada is added to the list. Production capacity is maxed out right now. Think of growing pain. I believe another UK shipment should be on the way already.

In any case, I welcome any questions and comments. Otherwise, find me on FB, l chat with players all the time.

Cheers.

Thanks for the response.

I understand your points on the gun differing from a uk version but I would like to point out a couple of things.

The gun shooting hot wouldn't be a big issue a lot of guns coming into the UK are over site limits and have to be adjusted before using.

The orange flash hider is no issue either just either put a black one in the box or point out to the buyer that the tips orange and then its their choice.

We in the UK are again used to getting orange tips on guns we import in from US stores.

As for higher delivery costs I wouldn't have contacted the store if that was an issue, I fully understand that shipping would be expensive but that was my choice.

It would have been nice to be offered the chance to buy rather than just getting a sorry you cant have one.

As for being out of stock everywhere well at least it shows people like your product. Problem is the british public are a bit fickle and impatient and will just buy something else rather than wait.

I hope the Cerakote ones become available soon otherwise I will just have to buy something else.

Hi sorry to jump on your topic but i saw the kriss employee here and have a question haha. Do you know if the LVOA will be shipped to the uk? i want to get one but if they arent going to be uk available ill just pick up the SPR. Also you know a rough price point and release?

Hi sorry to jump on your topic but i saw the kriss employee here and have a question haha. Do you know if the LVOA will be shipped to the uk? i want to get one but if they arent going to be uk available ill just pick up the SPR. Also you know a rough price point and release?

You contacted me on Facebook so I already gave you a reply. I'll reply here as well since it is a valid question.

The LVOA is schedule to release this year. US will gave the 1st release and UK/EU will get the next shipment. There is no exact time frame I can gave you except it's around 4th QT. Price point also have not been release yet but given this gun is a Licensed product and the production time is longer than SPR. It will cost more than SPR.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.