Getting a JG Bar 10 gen2

elrasho

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been airsofting for years and want to try sniping. I'm going to get a Nineball hop rubber and this:

JG%20BAR%2010%202.png

This should give me te accuracy I need for now. What about power? Shall I get a higher power spring like an M150 to take me up to around 490 FPS?

Ok I'll leave as is but will upgrade the barrel, hop and add barrel spacers for extra accuracy.

I'll get the action army trigger pack later down the line with a more powerful spring. I'm going for accuracy over range first. You ever know I might take it out on the field and feel sniping isn't for me.

Got an email from another online retailer, they have the TM VSR Pro in stock for £185.

Is it worth the extra £100 to get the TM one and I simply change the spring to get a higher FPS? I take it the parts in the TM one are better and so I won't need to change anything else to get an FPS of around 450?

Guest PT247

Got an email from another online retailer, they have the TM VSR Pro in stock for £185.

Is it worth the extra £100 to get the TM one and I simply change the spring to get a higher FPS? I take it the parts in the TM one are better and so I won't need to change anything else to get an FPS of around 450?

can't just change the spring in the TM, the cylinder is sealed so will need a new cylinder, piston, spring guide, nozzle and spring.... if doing that then may as well replace the 45' trigger for a 90' trigger with either a zero trigger or replacement sears. If upping the fps even in the TM then you will want to upgrade the trigger too.

Guest PT247

I love my TM G-Spec, it is pretty darn accurate and great to shoot.... but should be for the amount of dosh pumped into it! :-)

can't just change the spring in the TM, the cylinder is sealed so will need a new cylinder, piston, spring guide, nozzle and spring.... if doing that then may as well replace the 45' trigger for a 90' trigger with either a zero trigger or replacement sears. If upping the fps even in the TM then you will want to upgrade the trigger too.

Ah thanks for that, in that case may as well ge the JG one. Im only going to replace the hop rubber and barrell and add barrell stabalisers first as stock FPS is fine for me. If I really enjoy sniping then I'll upgrade more :)

Personally I wouldn't buy barrel spacers - they're easy to make with stuff from around the house. One of mine is made from a coke bottle lid for example.

Takes a bit of work but saves you money.

• Supporters

Personally I wouldn't buy barrel spacers - they're easy to make with stuff from around the house. One of mine is made from a coke bottle lid for example.

Takes a bit of work but saves you money.

How do you make it absolute center?

How do you make it absolute center?

Honestly? Several attempts that failed, a lot of swearing and one final almost perfect one.

Like I said, personal preference.

Pdi W hold is good but don't expect it to lift anything heavier than .30s,even at 380 FPS I struggled to get it to lift it straight. (NB- It might be my hop setup,but a lad I know here in Ukraine was also running a similar VSR hop as I am, only at 450 FPS,also had issues lifting heavy ammo)

From what I vaguely remember about what parts am bestest,the Action army hop up chamber has gotten rave reviews and a lot of people vouch for the Maple leaf bucking,firefly bucking is also good. Action army parts have gotten very good recently,much cheaper and equal quality to laylax analogs. Avoid PDi hop chambers as they're a bitch to tune properly.

Also check out PDi barrels,get them cheapest from Xfire.org. They're largely said to be the best of the best,especially their tightbores.

Stock trigger system on VSRs isn't worth keeping unless you're restricted to 1J builds. Action army trigger is good. Remember you need a 90* piston too but most triggers come bundled with one,at least AA and Laylax do.

Is this the Maple Leaf bucking you refer to: http://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1073&search=maple+leaf

If I get that and the Actio Army 6.01mm barrell I should be OK. Or do I need to get the Action Army hop up chamber too (does that include a bucking too?)

Yeah,that's the one I'm talking about.

On the Barrel- I'd personally stick with 6.03 or 6.05 bore ones,since 6.01s don't leave a lot of room for error and can be hit or miss from the manufacturer,especially on slightly cheaper brands. AA barrels are perfectly fine though.

Hop up chamber is a good upgrade,does not come with a rubber. However it is not 100% necessary. You can either keep the stock JG chamber and install a better hop up arm (Dangerwerx Typ B) or go for the chamber. Chamber is obviously a better upgrade but it all depends on you much you want to spend

Thanks! Does the dangerwerx arm allow you to adjust the hop better than the stock arm?

No,it uses the same slider adjustment mech which isn't too fantastic as it can flex and cause uneven pressure on the arm. You can do the 'Top Dead center mod' in which you drill your outer barrel right above the arm and use a screw the adjust it. Bit tricky and easy to mess up. Action army chamber has a different mechanism that adjusts the arm evenly unlike the stock one. The Type B arm's main draw is that it is more precisely made and the flat nub affects the rubber better

I see. Think I'm going to stick with the stick chamber but get the maple leaf bucking and 6.03mm barrel. What about the PDI w-hold bucking? I'm going to be using 0.3 or 0.28 bbs.

If I feel I'm not getting the accuracy and range I'm after I'll get the AA chamber. Thanks again for your advice :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.