DMR's

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Afternoon all,

After playing on a couple of sites and in a whole host of game types I have realised I'm not the spray and pray type. This has got me thinking of a DMR, I have a WE Raptor at the moment but do I leave that and get something fresh or Upgrade?

Any Advice is much appreciated as ever.

• Supporters

I'm fairly sure you have to be locked to semi Auto. Finmere is 1 shoot every 3 seconds and I think its 500 fps too.

• Supporters

sounds about right except I think snipers - bolt action go to 500fps

but often aeg dmr's go to 425-450fps I think is my local rules

(higher figure 450 think they allow if they trust you to know what a true 30m med is)

that said 425 is only 75 over so I feel many could just get their normal aeg running as accurate as they can get

(within sensible reason rather than spend $hitloads to gain a few metres for much more money)

get ya gun running well increase the range and tighten groupings - then FULL AUTO THE F*CKERS !!!!!

one of them should get the message across rather than eventually make a slightly longer greater shot

then see it brushed off by some cheating mofo

well that is my take on dmr's but maybe I might get a m14 one day or something

as some places won't accept a CM M4 can be classed as a true dmr

(its a toy gun ffs - but again it is just my opinion if they won't allow me to use a 450fps b500a1)

• Supporters

I'm with Duck on this.

DMRs don't have too much extra range but the MED is a big disadvantage.

If you get your AEG very accurate and use it on single, that's DMR enough. That's what I do. The auto doesn't even work on my AEG. Single only, very accurate and just below 350. Scope can be useful but not a necessity.

• Supporters

Sounds a plan to me, cheers folks I do appreciated your time.

If you do want a 350fps AEG you can use in a dmr-ish way, I'd recommend the g&g ebr-l. Completely impractical to run around with (VERY front heavy), but if you like to sit back then the one I used had excellent range and accuracy for a stock gun. And if you did one day want to turn it into a full dmr, it has the look for it. Just make sure you get a good sling and a grip pod...

The standard G&G M14 can be used as a DMR out of the box, Airsoft_Ed's M14 was doing 390 out of the box. Apparently it was a really good shooter after he'd installed a tightbore and when using heavyweight ammunition.

• Supporters

G&G's use conventional gears in the bespoke box

other m14's use the special gears - think the spur/middle gear is the main difference in some like cyma 032's n others

often these have the longer stroke cylinders/pistons to allow for more air on 550-570 barrels

but also other bits like hop units are not so easy to come by or obtain as easily as the boring m4 or ak's

with all the numerous variations on some of the m14 models when I looked into them

I thought yeah I think I'll wait a while longer to see if I really need one as much as I think I might do

and so due to the internal parts being like a lottery (yes you can always buy a G&G with G&G parts)

I thought - nah, will leave it a while longer and stick to the normal stuff for now

Depends on what you plan to do with a DMR.

Its a half way house between an ordinary assault rifle and a sniper rifle.

If you are going to have it locked to single shot and be the subject of a minimum engagement distance anyway, you could argue that you might as well just go to a full bolt action sniper rifle.

If the role of carrying a DMR in a squad appeals, then you might just as well stick to the normal fps limits and make your rifle a cosmetic DMR.

An increasing number of sites are asking for "real world" DMRs, so you couldn't just put a high power scope on an MP5.

This is slightly contentious, especially amongst skirmish sites.

We only do milsim, so we ask players to enter into the spirit by trying to adopt a rifle type that is used in the real world as a DMR. We have a 420fps limit with MED of 30m and rifles have to be semi only.

Afternoon all,

After playing on a couple of sites and in a whole host of game types I have realised I'm not the spray and pray type. This has got me thinking of a DMR, I have a WE Raptor at the moment but do I leave that and get something fresh or Upgrade?

Any Advice is much appreciated as ever.

• Supporters

Now that's food for thought. I was thinking a SVD as they are lovely looking and there is a good variety of them about.

Cheers for the reply!

SVD's are lovely rifles and quite a few of our regulars use them. Lots of choice on the market from springers up to the gucchi Real Sword.

They are very long to handle so aren't that mobile and they look a bit naked without an optic - the decent Russian clone optics are quite expensive.

• Supporters

get the cocking handle aid for svd

and that is one long mofo @ 1.2m

scope - if you go for authentic one ain't cheap

(wtf - its your toy gun use what ya want)

often barrels in there may be 550-590 max

but good thing is the bolt svd's use aeg springs

aeg svd still come with full auto and semi - well mine did

tbh - get an ak with 455-469mm tbb barrel on the 349.99fps limit running well - think you will kick a few M4 ar$es

LOL - just beat me to some of the svd stuff :)

• Supporters

Currently a Co2 one for sale at action hobbies that may cut the mustard but I have never seen a Co2 one in action.

• Supporters

Thankfully my age is finally helping. Being 30 with a steady job is finally paying off!

• Supporters

Currently a Co2 one for sale at action hobbies that may cut the mustard but I have never seen a Co2 one in action.

conversion kit probably - bummer if ya run dry and wish you had the bolt sniper

I look at the sr25 but then I remember mrs duck threat - no promise of what she will do

so I pass on that one for now

• Supporters

While we are chatting can I have your opinions on this - Stark-Arms-VFC-S17-GBB-Airsoft-Pistol. Before I spend my hard earned pennies on it.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Stark-Arms-VFC-S17-GBB-Airsoft-Pistol-Tan_A1ET36.aspx#.VbdghvlViko

Thanks folks.

• Supporters

Not sure why you'd go for one over the TM given the price is near identical. They don't perform quite as well out of the box, but the external finish is supposed to be slightly better on the later batches.

Due to me being a utter rookie Prof!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.