Paint Ball mask

happy face

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,can anyone recommend a PB style full face mask (non mesh) that wont permit bbs to go through any vents at the side or the frontal areas or lens. I did look at the Sly Profit mask but it doesn't cover me jaw.iv tried several types of mesh masks and cant get on with them.

I know its not tacticool to wear a PB mask for AS but that's what I'm looking for.any help would be appreciated.

cheers

I bought one of these for the rare occasion I play CQB.
Full face protection, strong lenses and comes with both integral lights for dark areas (Enough to read by or for viewing things a couple of feet away at least) and a 2-speed fan to help prevent fogging.

They can also fit glasses under without problems (depending on your glasses size, obviously).

Played a full day indoors without trouble, so certainly worth a look for the low price!

I bought one of these for the rare occasion I play CQB.

Full face protection, strong lenses and comes with both integral lights for dark areas (Enough to read by or for viewing things a couple of feet away at least) and a 2-speed fan to help prevent fogging.

They can also fit glasses under without problems (depending on your glasses size, obviously).

Played a full day indoors without trouble, so certainly worth a look for the low price!

Tried with helmets?

Hello,can anyone recommend a PB style full face mask (non mesh) that wont permit bbs to go through any vents at the side or the frontal areas or lens. I did look at the Sly Profit mask but it doesn't cover me jaw.iv tried several types of mesh masks and cant get on with them.

I know its not tacticool to wear a PB mask for AS but that's what I'm looking for.any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Find your nearest paintball shop and pop along to try them on.

Masks are like boots, you need the right size for your face and that's often only gauged by giving things a go.

Small masks like the Sly, Dyei4 etc are designed not to add bulk to the face and thus risk not covering all of it on most people, never mind Desperate Dan. Others like the JT Proflex can be a bit too big really. It all depends on what works and makes your face feel safe and comfortable.

Personally I like the vforce profiler and you might like the vforce shield. It came with a removable pivoting neck guard thing (see http://www.50calpaintballshop.com/shop/view_product.html?prod=872) that is more protection for your chin than neck really.

Most masks designed for paintball (and sold in the US) should have vents than prevent bb entry though given the safety standards and I'm not aware of any mainstream ones that let them through. Chinese tat via eBay however, I can't speak for.

Found this interesting

Jesus.

I'm very very disappointed with the Flex 8. Although it's far better than the others, the fact rounds penetrate regardless for how reduced the impact is isn't great.

I'm going to run some tests on my masks next week, but this has changed my thinking on any rubber/flex based masks that seemingly allow rounds through.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.