What gun to buy?

Oligarchas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys I wanna buy airsoft gun,never had one so this is the problem would like to get nice one around 50-80 pounds.
http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Two-Tone-Umarex-Heckler-Koch-G36C-Sportline-AEG_A1DF48.aspx#.VbISJfl_Oko lets say like that one weight is almost 2.5kilo and have about 350 fps and question is is 350 fps would be enough or it's kind'a week?
read a lot about airsoft gun fps but cant get any good answer,so asking here.

And just wondering I can still shoot with airsoft gun paintball ammo?

and what diffrent is between electric and gas guns? are they both safe to use for long time/?
if somebody can give me any suggestion please give it :) really wanna get gun in the next few days :)

350 fps is the velocity limit for guns at most places in the UK (unless bolt action or semi automatic only)

It is definitely not weak at all but I'm gonna assume you want to use this for shooting stuff in the garden ('plinking') and not a skirmish?

Airsoft guns cannot shoot paintball ammo, they are completely different calibres.

Electric...uses battery obviously, powers motor which spins gears, spring pushes piston and air into cylinder to propel BB

Gas...green gas / propane is put into magazine, hammer / striker is pressed, releases gas to fire BB basically

Gas is not recommended for beginners as they generally need more maintenance

They are also more expensive to run and extra magazines are £35+ each

Plus the performance is affected a lot more by the temperature

Hope this helps

• Root Admin

Mr B has given you a brilliant place to start, but I'd recommend diving into these (and other similar) forums for the next few days before you lay out your cash. Any decision you make now is either going to be a. Solely influenced by someone's personal recommendation or b. Misinformed. Try to do your research over the next couple of days if you can!

Thank you guys,yeah gonna shoot stuff in garden and with friend we gonna go for paintball games and I would like to go airsoft games as I like games shooters :D so yeah like shooting was shooting from airsfot guns couple years ago with sniper rifle witch was very nice experience ;)
So I looked at a lot of shops but cant find the gun witch would be really good :D were are so many diffrent types and by prices :/

like this one http://www.cheapbbguns.co.uk/heavy-weight-metal-bb-guns/jungle-commando-m41-bb-airsoft-rifle this one have from 200 to 300 fps so cant get it what fps he is using and

The accessories offered with the Jungle Commando M41 BB Airsoft Rifle are: - See more at: http://www.cheapbbguns.co.uk/heavy-weight-metal-bb-guns/jungle-commando-m41-bb-airsoft-rifle#sthash.KWlvaato.dpuf

Paintaballs

So they saying that I can shoot paintball balls or not?

okey so I see I getting a lot of usefull information :) thats very nice

Now I would like to ask to give suggestion what rifle I could buy lets say max for 150 pound what could have nice fps and would be strong material any ideas /? I really like model like scar or G36C rifles :)

and maybe pistol witch would also kind nice and heavy because don't prefer to pay hundred for piece of cheap plastic ::D so would like to get even some metal on guns :D

Well, first some information about yourself?

How old are you? (answer is either 18+ or not 18+) :)

What country are you in?

If you keep moving the goalpost, the amount you're willing to pay, even as you are educated, you may never pin anything down.

Do you need an automatic weapon?

Do you intend to actually play airsoft?

I played my first 4 skirmishes without an automatic weapon, I have to say, with CQC at least it really is not needed - and often barred.

How large is the area you intend to play in, if under 30-40m I would recommend a Tokyo Marui Glock 17 Gas Blowback Pistol.

They're around £120 (with 1 mag). Gas is around £10 for 50-75 mag fills @ at least 35 shots per fill).

After that you need only silicone gun oil £5, BBs £5, eye protection £25. Extra magazines are £25 for 26rd and £35 for 50rd.

• Supporters

cheap gas pistol - 2-tone in UK

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/bb-guns/gas-bb-guns/hg-104-m92f-beretta-hfc-hg-104-m92-gas-pistol.html#.VbJZe7Xp8i4

use RC10 and 10% off might still work

there are other models but tread with great caution - get another mag and some gas

not a £100 to £150 super blowback pistol but if/when it busts (often mag leaks)

then repair/replace or chuck it in bin - good value for under £30 to get ya feet wet

In general this is the slightly better of the 3 bb sites but still a LOT of crap on there - so don't just buy any old crap

proper gun/rifle - JG G36c, Cyma AK or G&G M4 is what you should go for as primary

I played my first 4 skirmishes without an automatic weapon, I have to say, with CQC at least it really is not needed - and often barred.

..what did you skirmish with?

Hello guys I wanna buy airsoft gun,never had one so this is the problem would like to get nice one around 50-80 pounds.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Two-Tone-Umarex-Heckler-Koch-G36C-Sportline-AEG_A1DF48.aspx#.VbISJfl_Oko lets say like that one weight is almost 2.5kilo and have about 350 fps and question is is 350 fps would be enough or it's kind'a week?

read a lot about airsoft gun fps but cant get any good answer,so asking here.

And just wondering I can still shoot with airsoft gun paintball ammo?

and what diffrent is between electric and gas guns? are they both safe to use for long time/?

if somebody can give me any suggestion please give it :) really wanna get gun in the next few days :)

>Hello guys I wanna buy airsoft gun,never had one so this is the problem would like to get nice one around 50-80 pounds.

Aint non. You would have to go up to around 100 space bucks, at that price the G&G CM16 pretty much flattens all competition.

>http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Two-Tone-Umarex-Heckler-Koch-G36C-Sportline-AEG_A1DF48.aspx#.VbISJfl_Oko lets say like that one weight is almost 2.5kilo and have about 350 fps and question is is 350 fps would be enough or it's kind'a week?

Generally around 350 fps wtih .2g BBs is pretty standard, check your local site for exact information.

>And just wondering I can still shoot with airsoft gun paintball ammo?

Assuming its the 6mm meant for airsoft guns: I would not recommend it. Are they good quality? Probably not. What will happen if they shatter in the magazine/gun? Nothing pleasant.

>and what diffrent is between electric and gas guns? are they both safe to use for long time/?

Yes they are both safe for normal use over an extended amount of time. Difference is one runs on a battery, which powers a motor to compress air. Gas you fill a container in the magazine or the gun up with compressed gas and that is released the fire the BBs. Gas tend to be more fun, more expensive, less reliable, and depending on the gas system may not use work in all weather.

>if somebody can give me any suggestion please give it :) really wanna get gun in the next few days :)

Get an AEG, if on a tight budget, get a G&G CM16. Generally total start up spendings is a minimum at around 200 gbp (example of things you may want to buy: eye/faceprotection, knee protection, ankle protection (boots), spare mag, spare battery, spare BBs (dont go cheap!)). You should probably buy a spare AEG before buying a sidearm (sucks missing games because your AEG is non operational).

Well I am 22 years old.
Living in uk reading town we have a big paintball area near reading witch includes even airsoft and as far as I know were are couple teams in reading for airsoft and painball so I wanna get gun and just start playing it :D
Still after couple weeks me and friends going for paintball fights maybe I will be able to get hands on good airsoft rifle :)

would like that it would be automatic/semi automatic with switch from single fire to auto

Max What I would like to spend for gun is 150 or it's even not worth for 150 ?

and what sites you using to get airsoft guns?

I have looked on forum sites and still looking for more :)

and yeah last couple days I just going crazy about that :) so just wanna try new hobbie like airsoft in my life

• Supporters

G36c - they are plastic/polymer in real life anyway

A lot of good starter airsoft guns are plastic - best ones being G&G's M4's

(they just seem beter quality/robust plastic guns than some other more brittle plastic)

I actually like many "plastic" guns - have a full metal 416 amongst others but the 416 is weighty

(deffo need a sling for all day shooting)

the makes I said earlier Cyma JG & G&G do make decent value for money starter guns

(some really really cheap makes of cyma & jg do exist that are real cheap $hite but most places don't stock them at all they are really that bad)

either get a 2-tone gun probably from UK supplier, or rent a gun at 1 site a few times to obtain ukara

then buy a black RIF. If you attempt to import a RIF from overseas without ukara defense then two things may happen

1 - it may not get sent until proof of defense is supplied. Many places are wary about sending them without defense

as they can be seized/destroyed and customer hassle of claiming money back etc......

2 - even if they do send it, and some places may offer to send a RIF in two parts in an attempt to get around this

if one let alone 2 x parcels get stopped by customs you will get screwed over by Custom charges and Royal Mail admin fee

(if both parts get stopped it will be a very expensive gun indeed)

find a site, perhaps rent to obtain ukara or get a decent 2-tone IF is what many do but get a decent one

then keep as a spare or sell it for say 2/3rd's of what you paid and will work out the same as hiring x 3 for ukara

up to you but read up on ian's guide to noobism

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

Still after couple weeks me and friends going for paintball fights maybe I will be able to get hands on good airsoft rifle :)

would like that it would be automatic/semi automatic with switch from single fire to auto

You seem to be getting a little bit mixed up between paintball and airsoft.

They are completely different sports. Airsoft uses replica weapons and shoot 6mm plastic bbs. Paintball uses non replica weapons and uses gas paintball markers. You need to attend 3 Airsoft skirmishes in no less than 2 months to be able to buy a RIF (realistic imitation firearm. I.e black non two tone)

What I'd do if I was you is find a good local site. Go and rent a gun for a 3 games until you've tried it and know what gun you like. Sign up for Ukara then you can get a RIF.

• 3 weeks later...

you might like to consider a used gun. Most airsofters are responsible adults and take very good care of their kit so you would be unlucky to buy a dud. Choose your ideal gun, ask about which brand to look for then check the classifieds (once you have a UKARA) for the one you want. I have bought 3 guns from people and not one repair has been necessary

For 150 get a G&G CM16

Proairsoftsupplies are great!

Also I'd recommend not to rent. if you rent it'll cost you 60 minimum. If you buy a two tone CM16 and either sell (20-40 loss) when you got UKARA or swap the parts (around 30?) / paint it (fiver?) - and you dont need to use a beaten up rental the first months.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.