aps uar trigger issue

andy mac 1956

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi my uar works fine on full auto but when switched to semi it wont work at best it works now and then if you fiddle with the selecter

but as soon as you switch it back to safe of full auto the issue starts again

does any know if this is acommon fault and is there a fix for this

thanks

andy

Could be the semi-auto cut-off lever in the gearbox worn down so that it barely cuts the cycle between shots while it's firing.

You'll need a new one, I think the UAR uses a version 3 gearbox so it will need one for this type of gearbox.

Go on aps web site order mosfet. Get tail not front .looks like u may have cooked trigger. Mosfet is very cheap. If you have opened gearbox get some locktite and put it onscrew that holds reset arm . Comes lose should fix it .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

it hasn't got a fet in there - 99.9% sure it ain't

it is a v3 ak type gearbox & motor frame/cage - call it what you will

so it may suffer the usual fussy AK selector issue.....

Booligan did a great in depth review/tear down of it and the selector plate looks AK type to me:

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/booliganairsoft/media/APS%20UAR/DSC_6075.jpg.html

taken from his tear down guide - this is the revised UAR - the very first ones had battery up front

thankfully later models were rear wired - my favourite

http://www.booliganairsoft.com/2013/03/aps-uar-urban-assault-rifle-aeg.html

so me thinks that is where you problem may be - the AK type selector issue

doubt if 1k shots the switch burns out coz the space in stock limits mofo battery options

nice gun - but mag or magwell issue is another chink in what is nice change from the norm aeg's

price has recently jumped from 135 to 150+ euro's at TWG

but deffo something up with selector plate or gear mechanism - doubt if its wear

but could of just come loose or jumped a tooth - AK users will know what I mean

• Supporters

I got my uar a few weeks ago and on the first out to my gun range the full auto just ceased to work after less than a 1000 shots,is this a record?

Nope - reckon I did the AK-12 was a good one

at home - lovely jubbly

chrono'd, get ready to go out, made my way through safe onto the field....

few test shots as you do - think 6 - 10 max shots and cheap sector gear crunched

I went home with the right hump - sod using a spare gun I had in car

I just wanted to see wtf has just died - nozzle not moving wasn't a good sign and hinted where it crapped out on me

new sector - don't use cheap $hitty spare SRC gears - well not the crappy sector gear

spare SHS sector - you can just see the difference straight away - still works but a little too plasticy to use on regular skirmish each week

soz for my life story - but I feel your pain when your new toy breaks so very very quickly

Yes very disappointed but I have returned it to my retailer and he is sending it back and he agrees with you that the selector is the likely suspect.

Hopefully I will get it sorted soon.

However if the full auto fails again, I will fit a stronger spring, upgrade the hop rubber and fit a longer tb barrel and use it as a DMR.

At 40 yards every shot was hitting my mate

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.