Blackviper M4 won't feed properly

HSCtheta7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My friend uses a Blackviper B3814 (it's a cheap Chinese M4) as a back-up rifle when we go to our local field. I decided to give it a go last time, but had constant feeding issues. Although it feeds fine with the stock magazine, my friend had left it at home. This led to me buying two hi-cap mags - a CYMA M4 mag and a Magpul PMag. Neither of them fed BBs into the hop-up, but a Knight's PDW mag fed okay if it was held up in the magazine well. We had the rifle looked at, and realised that the mag wouldn't touch the bottom of the hop unit. Ideally, what we need to do is get the hop-up to sit lower into the magwell. Any ideas on how to do this? Thank you!

• Supporters

It's a lost cause, don't bother using it - probably has a proprietary unit too.

it is - thankfully I don't own one

but hop is adjusted on left side on the exterior I think

no need to drop dust cover like on other regular M4's

(even bull$hit b500a1 has a sort of normal hop)

no offense but the black viper's m4 are the worst of the worst plinkers

AK12 can be made into a usable unique AK12 - still snap into two if hit against tree but good for show

G36 - is a clear Well D68 plinker than could take a normal box as like the AK12 it seems to have a normal type hop

Alas - the M4 black viper does not appear to have a regular hop in there

most likely the mags are different to match the shorter hop feed tube

the possible cure is to see if the bespoke or rather odd hop unit could be replaced

but being the gun is screwed together in two halves it would be a ball ache to remove barrel/hop

(on normal M4's - 1 pin usually and top half comes away to gain easy access to hop/barrel etc..)

Any major work will involve a strip down of two halves and you will still have a poor crappy plastic geared gearbox

that WILL shred over time I'm afraid

maybe there might be a way to fix a small & large tube together to effectively extend the hop feed tube a tiny bit

modding the magazine's catch "window" could be an option but given the fact it is a BBG4Less plinker - and not a good one at that

try to locate the bespoke mag and use it until it dies.....

in the meantime - save up any money you might be thinking of spending and put it towards a better proper M4

(do not buy another gun from any site with BB in its name is a rough rule of thumb)

soz - but if it helps myself and many others made the mistake of buying cheap crappy pi$$ poor plinkers from BB sites

so you ain't the first to find out the hard way - nor will you be the last

I wish I could offer you better advice/solution

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27183-how-to-make-a-pmag-fit-your-m4-platform/ This helps get the Pmag deeper into the magwell. Worked for my King Arms BW15, mate's G&G Raider and for the user Qlimax. Our problem was that one of the mag's lips were blocking the mag from meeting with the hop up unit and so it would either feed very badly or not at all. Maybe you're in the same boat

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, thanks for everyone's help. For the trouble repairing it will cause, might as well just keep it till it dies.

On the other hand, used an ASG MP5A4 - I'm in love:D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.