what does your other half think of your airsofting??

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well im sat down with a glass of port sewing my new face pro idea together and my gf has just turned to me and said she thinks im a bit "sad" for spending my eve sat sewing things so i can pretend im an army man lol. (She means it lovingly)

Just made me wonder what others partners/family think of your airsofting hobby?

Well im sat down with a glass of port sewing my new face pro idea together and my gf has just turned to me and said she thinks im a bit "sad" for spending my eve sat sewing things so i can pretend im an army man lol. (She means it lovingly)

Just made me wonder what others partners/family think of your airsofting hobby?

Don't buy any xbox then, thats moore sad.

You lot are sad....

Me on the other hand, I'm f*cking miserable

Playing toy soldiers ???

I am reenacting famous strategic and tactical battles

Yeah OK I'm playing toy soldiers

You see, I've always been interested to know what guns you have. The 'WAY TOO MANY' has sparked my curiosity. Is there a list floating about anywhere?

Like i say she means it in a loving sort of way?! But i agree better than just being sat playing xbox and is a good rush. Iv tried to get her to come play as she is sporty anyway but shes having non of it lol.

Most hobbies are kind of sad or pointless depending on your viewpoint.

I dont think the majority of wives and girlfriends really understand the attraction or point of airsoft, let alone players obsessions with dressing up.

My wife thinks that girls are forced to grow up by having babies and life in general where as most boys never grow up and dont really have to. For this reason, she accepts that I like to play war, collect toy guns and dress like a soldier.

She is pragmatic in that it helps to keep me fit, outdoors and keeps me out of more serious trouble like drinking, gambling and chasing other women.

I dont play every week so it doesnt consume huge amounts of family time which is often the killer as younger players start families.

Like i say she means it in a loving sort of way?! But i agree better than just being sat playing xbox and is a good rush. Iv tried to get her to come play as she is sporty anyway but shes having non of it lol.

Would sites hosting feminist inspired theme days help increase women in the sport-and thus broaden the understanding of it?

The new £5 notes with women on are being hoarded by misogynists, and women are empowered to mag-up and bring the pew-pew to keep equality moving?

We get reports from Facebook about the audience viewing our milsim page. Nothing detailed or personal, just how many views etc, but it does state the mix between male and female. Not surprisingly, its nearly all male viewers.

I suspect this is a common theme for airsoft generally, not just milsim games.

My view is that some females will be into airsoft but a lot wont for a variety of reasons.

Whats the old saying about you can lead a horse to water !

In my experience being married for a lot of years, its important for both partners to have hobbies and to let each other indulge as long as its not damaging to the relationship and you still get some time together, so its all good providing it doesnt become all absorbing.

After coming back from doing a stint in Kurdistan (Syria/Iraq) with the YPG... My missus is glad that I'm playing airsoft rather than being back where I was less than 2 months ago. She didn't like hearing about what I had done etc out there, but now she actually enjoys my tales of taking objectives in the woods, being "shot" in the face, "killing" youngsters on the field!

I'm adamant that she'll come play soon.. I keep bringing the game briefs home and leaving them on the side (intentionally)... and I've caught her the past couple of weekends reading them and asking how the game played out!

Slowly started to introduce more war movies, and action films into our "movie date night", and she's even tried on my plate carrier/rigs, even got out in the garden shooting a load (hahaha...) into empty beer cans.

To sum it up, I don't think she minds... She's got her nail polish, hair products, and always has her "girlfriends" over, so it gives me an excuse to get out!

One way is to try to introduce your better half to milsim/filmsim games as civilian population.

There is a big game in Europe every year which has thousands of players and they always have lots of CIV-POP players of both sexes.

Well at least it looks like me and my gf are part of the main stream of couples. We have been together 9ys and she knows i like a hobby to keep me entertained and as alot of you say, "out of trouble" and not dronking and being in a pub all hours etc. We have always had are own time as well as time together. Its kind of nice she views it as sad and not wierd haha :)

My missus doesnt mind me playing just hates it when I am covered in welts and bruises. Which is why I am banned from playing until after the family holiday.

Exactly the same, the welts and bruses are what mine isn't keen on, especially the one I got on the face last night 😄

I'm in my 40s now, and the Mrs thinks it's a bit sad to be playing soldiers at my age. But I was doing tournament paintball when we met 20 odd years ago, so it's nothing new :)

Similar to some of the comments above - it's not like I play golf all weekend or spend every weekend traveling to football matches. So it doesn't take up too much of my time for the odd few games a year I manage these days.

I earn my money, so she doesn't mind what I spend it on once the bills and mortgage are covered. Luckily she can't tell the difference between guns, so as long as she never sees more than 2 out at the same time, she doesn't know how big my collection is :) Although she often makes comments about my dedicated camo cupboard. I keep telling her you need a different set for every occasion ;-)

Managed to persuade mine to play with me at the start of this year. She now plays regulary and has her own kit (Gone for the SBS blackout with MP5).

I have to say, it's good to be able to spend a day playing silly soldiers with her, as it's one more thing we can talk about. It's also something completely different and allows her to join in more conversations with me and my friends.

I do get a bit pissed off with other players who feel the need to 'Dominate' their enemies, especially the lasses, and especially when you know they've been hit because of the squeel.

My other half hates guns & violence in anyway so although she isnt really happy about what Airsoft portrays. she is happy that I am happy.

Airsoft is a father/son day for me & my boy so she is happy we have something together. I just always have to keep the rifs well hidden & only get them out every so often.....Which actually makes it easier for me to hide new kit as she is unfamiliar with my loadout :)

Don't have enough camo to get the playing-soldiers line off mine, instead she assumes this is the first step in me trying to become batman. Just need a billion dollar trust fund and some mountain-top ninjitsu training then i'm sorted

She don't like the marks it leaves, or when i've lazily left a gun out in pieces, but otherwise fine with it unless i opt to do it instead of something she wants to do on a specific day

• Supporters

Partner likes the idea of it. Planning on getting her a G&G CM16 300BOT later on this year as she isn't able to lug around the L86 all day.

B*llocks to that its the only time I get away from the nagging. God knows what the fallout would be if I shot her.

Best thing about airsoft is that you can go alone and get some me time.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.