safety glasses

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

A good pair of prescription inserts is the best airsoft purchase you'll ever make. I've spent a lot on this hobby, but nothing has improved the game for me as much as they did. Seriously reconsider your options if at all possible.

That said, it's a bit trial and error. Have you tried a large paintball mask, for example? That may be a better bet as it's further off your face.

i haven't thought about looking at paint ball masks tbf, i might look into prescription inserts later on if i like the clear goggles i don't want to just jump straight into buying them if that makes sense, the goggles i found look ok as they are designed to sit over normal glasses but i don't understand all this grade lens stuff ect.

Yes. En 166 b is plenty for airsoft, it should easily take a point blank 500fps shot. Though I would always do a couple of test shots to check, since your eyesight it your single most valuable sense.

last time i asked for contacts it wasn't an option, that was 10 years ago mind :o

It was the same for me. And my eyes are so bad laser eye surgery is out of the question. But I can Have contacts. Might as well ask the question

last time i asked for contacts it wasn't an option, that was 10 years ago mind :o

Get a trial from Specsavers and then buy them online... muchos cheaper!

I asked specsavers for contacts, they said I couldn't have them. They lied, they just did not stock the brand required for my condition. As I found out when I went to their competitor in our local town and never set foot there again. Never let someone tell you you can have something without a 2nd opinion.

Yes, try a small local optician rather than a big chain. I wasn't allowed contacts for years but have had them for quite a while now. If nothing else it makes buying sunglasses a lot easier!

Worth trying again if you haven't checked for years. I've been wearing the same contacts with no problems for years, then all of a sudden they started getting really uncomfortable. Went to the opticians to get them looked at and all of a sudden was told they have new ones made out of a better more modern material that would sort it.

They were cheaper too! I asked why these were never mentioned before and their attitude was pretty much "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Yes we have newer, more air permeable, moisture retaining versions - but if the old ones still work then no point in changing!!

There may be some new material/shape/design that will work that wasn't available years ago!

just phoned them, they say they have some rigid ones that might be uncomfy to wear that i can trial, and next year they will hopefully have some normal ones that would suit me as they are still in testing what ever it was he said :/

What's the strength of your prescription? I have a plus 6 and a plus 3 with a significant astigmatism and contacts worked pretty good for me. I'm actually having a second trial this weekend

Try tesco optician for lenses, very cheap tests and very competitive lense prices. I got three different sets of trial lenses for my £15 consultation fee.

Toric lenses for astigmatism are a thing and are much much cheaper and better than they were 10 years ago.

I went to vision express for my first contacts trial a few years ago (in having another trial now solely for airsoft :D) and couldn't fault them one bit.

I've tried mesh and prescription inserts but not had much luck with either. Got myself a quick fix with a £2 pair of safety glasses from Wickes to go over my glasses and they have been fantastic. Will look at s different/better prescription option when I have more money, but the £2 option ain't bad for a short term fix or as a back up.

I've tried mesh and prescription inserts but not had much luck with either. Got myself a quick fix with a £2 pair of safety glasses from Wickes to go over my glasses and they have been fantastic. Will look at s different/better prescription option when I have more money, but the £2 option ain't bad for a short term fix or as a back up.

Just make sure to test them before trusting your eyes to them, cheap eye pro can sometimes be made to just reach en166 f which alone isn't sufficient for airsoft

They were tested before use and have seen others use the same ones before so I knew they would be fine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.