Watch my tracer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Worth the price is up to you, if you consider £50-100 worth it for being able to see the BB perfectly in low light/darkness then yes.

I mostly play CQB sytle airsoft in an unlit shopping mall (The Mall in Reading), for me it's totally worth it, almost essential to know where the feck the bb's shot go. If i was just playing woodland skirmish during the day, then there's no real use for it, so no.

They do what it says on the tin, however you wont notice the 'glow' much, if at all if you're using it outside during daylight. Inside or any kind of low lighting, will enable you to see the BB very very clearly.

Remember you'll have to use tracer BB's, and they're a fair bit more than normal BB's, a definate consideration to make in terms of 'worth'

Have a look on you Tube for footage of them being used, will give you an idea of how bright they are.

If you're doing any type of low level light or night games then it's a yes. I splashed the cash on a Marui Tracer round to go with the Marui 416D, bit pricier than the norm, but i'm happy with it & worked flawlessly on a recent night skirmish.

• Supporters

I have two. A Dytac QD one that fits my SCAR and an ASG B&T one I use on my MP5. I also have tracer mags (UV LED inside the magazine makes the BBs glow before they get into the gun) for my AK and my M4.

As stated above they're really only any use in low light. If you use them in the daytime you're wasting money on batteries and higher cost ammo (although to be fair it's not a LOT more cost on ammo).

Tracer mags aren't as bright as silencer type tracers but they're still bright enough in low light/darkness. Some tracers are brighter than others, some handle high rates of fire better than others. The cheap chinese ones are almost universally crap though.

I like to pick my targets rather than spray, so in low light or darkness a Tracer is pretty useful to confirm where you are shooting.. It also looks flipping cool!!!

So in my mind yes they are worth it..

The cheap chinese ones are almost universally crap though.

THIS!!!

I would only consider the ASG B&T or TM ones... Pricier than the others buttotally worth the little bit more. had a £20 quid one from the Bay of E and its totally pants. I sprayed it and used as a silencer for looks only...

• Supporters

THIS!!!

I would only consider the ASG B&T or TM ones... Pricier than the others buttotally worth the little bit more. had a £20 quid one from the Bay of E and its totally pants. I sprayed it and used as a silencer for looks only...

What about the xcortech best tracer around at the moment.

I personally would not swap my tm tracer for anything on the market! Epic bit of kit, never misses a bb even on full auto. And worth its weight in gold at the bunker as its dindgy at best and pitch bloody black at its worst.

• Supporters

I personally would not swap my tm tracer for anything on the market! Epic bit of kit, never misses a bb even on full auto. And worth its weight in gold at the bunker as its dindgy at best and pitch bloody black at its worst.

Yeah the Tm is good thats why I own one but I use the xcortech x3300w because of all the extra features and it just seems to make the bbs a bit brighter which I like.

Yeah the Tm is good thats why I own one but I use the xcortech x3300w because of all the extra features and it just seems to make the bbs a bit brighter which I like.

Features?? What else does it do? Im curiouse now :)

What about the xcortech best tracer around at the moment.

Never heard of it tbh...

Was more saying avoid the cheaper ones as they are pretty useless..

Will look at this!! <_<

• Supporters

Never heard of it tbh...

Will look at this!! <_<

They're quite funky if you want a tracer that also counts your rounds and works as a chrono. Personally I just want a tracer to be a tracer and I don't see the point of paying the extra for the other functions but that's just me.

• Supporters

Never heard of it tbh...

Will look at this!! <_<

The B&T ones are a cheaper tracer but they are pretty good. The main ones to avoid are the Madbull and G&G tracer units two of the most expensive but also two of the worst. Marui ones the best stand alone tracer but double the price of the B&T.

• Supporters

They're quite funky if you want a tracer that also counts your rounds and works as a chrono. Personally I just want a tracer to be a tracer and I don't see the point of paying the extra for the other functions but that's just me.

Nah its awesome when my new one turns up will lend you the other one. Once you get used to the ammo counter and easy programmable burst fire theres no going back.

Nah its awesome when my new one turns up will lend you the other one. Once you get used to the ammo counter and easy programmable burst fire theres no going back.

Where did you order from, I'm in need of a Chronograph. I'd like to order from not UK, as they don't appear to be on sale in the UK.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.