Airsoft sniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Iam thinkng about getting a sniper and i have around 200 pounds however iam not sure which to get either spring , gas electric and iam not sure of there pros and cons.

I hate to ask, but is this your first Airsoft rifle? If so I really wouldn't recommend a sniper rifle as your first gun.

Personally I'd try and pick up a second hand TM VSR G-spec or a clone rifle like the Well MB-02 and then spend what's left of it on upgrades. It's shorter than the regular VSR so a lot more maneuverable yet retaining near enough the same accuracy.

You're not going to get a decent 500 fps sniper rifle out of the box. They will all need some upgrading to be any good. A TM VSR G-spec (and regular VSR models) may have a low out of the box fps but it is a brilliant gun despite this. The hop up in it is amazing for a stock unit and it comes with a precision inner barrel as standard. From there it's just a matter of upgrading the cylinder/piston and trigger set up to cope with a higher strength spring.

Like many have said and will say again, go TM for the quality.

I personally disagree. Go JG or other 100% compatible version (imo jg is the best of the bunch interms of stock etc).

All sniper riles require some form of upgrading (there are free mods that will 100% improve your rifle) so why spend money on TM parts you are going to replace?

Just my 2cents.

Bullet

No i have the guns listed on my profile however i have only bought aeg or gbb rifles but no snipers and i thought i might have a go at the sniper role in a skirmish i have also researched some snipers i really like the vsr 10 gtech however it does have a low fps out of the box and i was wandering how much it would cost to fully upgrade this rifle to get it shooting at 450 - 500 fps with good accuracy.keep in mind that will be taking it down a shop to get it upgraded and i want to make sure i dont get ripped off.

No i have the guns listed on my profile however i have only bought aeg or gbb rifles but no snipers and i thought i might have a go at the sniper role in a skirmish i have also researched some snipers i really like the vsr 10 gtech however it does have a low fps out of the box and i was wandering how much it would cost to fully upgrade this rifle to get it shooting at 450 - 500 fps with good accuracy.keep in mind that will be taking it down a shop to get it upgraded and i want to make sure i dont get ripped off.

My bad I'm using the phone version which doesn't show the loadouts/guns/etc. bits.

To be very honest the vsr is a very simple takedown. It'd save you a lot of money to buy and fit the parts yourself. Here's a guide on how to do so:

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/41-vsr-rifles/3165-worstinfinland-s-vsr-10-total-take-apart-guide.html

Cost wise it depends on what you want to upgrade first. Main things I would change are the trigger set up/piston, spring and spring guide. In total you're looking around the £100 mark depending on where you buy the parts from. With a clone rifle you'll spend more to replac other parts like hop unit and inner barrel depending on their quality.

so i would have to buy a new spring , piston , spring guide to get the fps up to what i want why do i need a new trigger setup?

also where could i buy these things is there any websites which you know of?

With these upgrades how far and how accurate will the rifle shoot in perfect conditions?

thanks

so i would have to buy a new spring , piston , spring guide to get the fps up to what i want why do i need a new trigger setup?

also where could i buy these things is there any websites which you know of?

With these upgrades how far and how accurate will the rifle shoot in perfect conditions?

thanks

Standard 45 degree set up doesn't cope as well with the higher pressure a stronger spring will put on it. It will wear down a lot quicker over time than an upgraded 90 degree set up. Obviously with a new trigger set up you need a piston to match since the stock one won't.

For parts I always use Airsoft Sniper Parts UK:

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com

Top end range I wouldn't be able to say. But with a higher fps and decent heavy BBs you will definitely notice a difference from a stock model.

Edit: There's also a number of DIY mods you can do like adding barrel spacers, teflon mods and something as simple as regular cleaning/maintenance.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.