Starting to play in open ground

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm new to airsoft and loving it been 2 skirmishes and already got my load out sorted, black sas type gear with a hk416 to buy once that third match is done as I'm currently borrowing my friends m4. I'm looking for a futuristic or just cool plate carrier/assault vest so I can skirmish on a woodland site without looking like a dick running with a CQB load out. Don't mind colour or pattern too much just got to fit the setting.

At that price, you are probably looking for a cheapish plate carrier.

Try looking to see what you fancy on ebay.

Sometimes you get some decent quality little used secondhand stuff.

Dont forget to allow some money for extra pouches etc you may want to add.

I'd consider Viper's (relatively) new line of Laser Cut PCs, they come in lots of different colours and their new Laser Cut system (Condor also have a Laser Cut range) looks quite futuristic indeed :) That could run you £40 or nearly £70 (depending on which model you get) and then you can spend the rest on pouches (essentials are magazine pouches, consider Viper again as they are within your budget, and a dump pouch for empty magazines, which Viper don't do but you can easily find one for £10).

All the stuff I mentioned is available from http://www.military1st.co.uk/ (a decent site where you can buy pretty much everything you need to at least get you going). Viper isn't the BEST brand in the world but it's a great brand to try out different styles of gear cheaply.

Have a look at how they open up and are worn.

I bought a cheap plate carrier and it drove me mad. It was uncomfortable and hard to get on and off.

Ended up buying a better one in the end which wasted the money I had intended to save by buying a cheap one in the first place.

I gave up on my PC after three games as it turned into a giant boil in the bag come summer. Currently using a Viper belt rig and finding it a lot more comfortable.

I've had a look at that website really awesome if I had the money I would go for the flyye armour chassis but think I'm going for there swift armour plate carrier

You could import it ($ to £ is about 0.65, and tax/duty is around 1.25).

http://store.specwarfare.com/en/flyye?pagesize=96

http://www.shootercbgear.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=10&max=1000000

Postage on a single plate carrier comes up at £14 on specwar.

I gave up on my PC after three games as it turned into a giant boil in the bag come summer. Currently using a Viper belt rig and finding it a lot more comfortable.

Agreed! I went overkill on Sunday wearing my PC and Belt! I was sweatier than a pig!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.