AEG BB weight

sundown

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Just curious what BB weights people are running in their guns?

My G&G GC16 is approx 350fps at the moment, and I run 0.2s, after reading some other threads and reviews I have been thinking about upping this to 0.25

0.25s are a little less flighty in crosswinds. Would normally use 0.2 or 0.25 for an assault rifle.

Using heavier BBs wont influence the chrono result as they will either chrono with 0.2 or use a conversion table.

0.25s are a little less flighty in crosswinds. Would normally use 0.2 or 0.25 for an assault rifle.

Using heavier BBs wont influence the chrono result as they will either chrono with 0.2 or use a conversion table.

yeah I wouldn't go above a .25- it just seems to be the case that a majoirty of people seem to be running .25s in their rifles for general use

A 0.25 actually doesn't reduce your range compared to 0.20 as much as people assume. A 0.25 is heavier so keeps it's momentum meaning, although it comes out of your barrel at a lower fps, it won't lose its speed as quickly at a 0.20 (and some people claim that at x yards away the 0.25 is actually moving faster than the 0.20 bb but I don't know about that). So if range or speed is MASSIVELY putting you off I wouldn't worry too much.

Also make sure your hop up (mainly bucking) can lift a heavier bb weight, because a softer bucking may begin to struggle at 0.25, your range will decrease if they're dropping straight out of your barrel.

But on top of that, everyone else is right. They have more momentum so tend to have a straighter flight path and are less affected by cross winds.

• Supporters

Also make sure your hop up (mainly bucking) can lift a heavier bb weight, because a softer bucking may begin to struggle at 0.25, your range will decrease if they're dropping straight out of your barrel.

Unless your using a condom for bucking I wouldn't worry about problems with any bbs 0.28 and under, over that then yeah you need 70 degree bucking and a more rigid nub for best performance.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.