Compact SMG/PDW AEG

Adam3088

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After reading the thread on the Spectre M4 I've got it into my head that I want to sell my KA M4 and get myself something compact once I've got my UKARA renewed (had to run out just when I want something new...).

Don't want M4 based but considering anything else which is small, electric and around the £200 mark, gas is too much hassle for my liking.

Thoughts so far:

Spectre M4

TM/KA/G&G P90

CYMA/S&T Bizon PP19

G&G UMP

Anything I've not thought of or one which particularly shines? I know TM are made of magical fairy dust but like to keep my options open.

Had an ICS Mp5 before, really nice gun but don't think I'd go for another Mp5. Leaning towards P90 at the moment as I'm an FN fanboy.

the only thing i would say is 2stage triggers in airsoft are really annoying something to take into account if you want a p90

I have the G&G UMP and its a nice SMG in all respects except the length of the mag when prone, but which model of gun to go for is a personal choice and only you can decide whether you want M4/P90/UMP.

I dont hear good things about the Russian Bison but you would need to search further to corroborate this if you're seriously interested in this weapon.

I've got a TM HC P90 and never found the trigger an issue as it's not 2 stage. Is an excellent little gun, only issue is it's easy to over-wind and wear out the hi-cap mags and if you do so can get occasional feeding issue requiring you to quickly remove and wind it a couple times again.

Contrary to what I said above - because it wasn't contextually relevant because I think two stage triggers are only a problem if you want to fire semi on an auto-capable gun without a fire selector - I believe that when airsoft/RS P90's are set to full auto they do have a two stage trigger - I just don't see what the problem with that is.

I quite like the two stage trigger, already use it on my f2000.

Don't suppose anyone's had a chance to compare the externals on the king arms and tm p90's? Internals you can swap out, stuck with the the outside though!

Shame if the pp19's are naff, really like the look of them..

Edit: Just watched a review of the CYMA PP19, actually looks pretty decent! Mags are massive though.

Apparently the KA P90 is a bit shite, so it's between either the TM tri-rail P90 or the Cyma PP19, would like the G&G but it's pretty expensive in comparison.

Logic says the TM will have a more solid performance, but the externals on the Cyma actually look pretty good, full steel receiver etc...

Struggling to find much info on them though, anyone actually seen a Cyma PP19 irl?

Logic says the TM will have a more solid performance, but the externals on the Cyma actually look pretty good, full steel receiver etc...

The CYMA and TM P90s both have the same listed weight at retailers.

EDIT:

Did not realise you were comparing different guns.

Edited by Sacarathe

I wasn't quite sure how to go about this but a friend said that a forum would be my best bet. I got a "galaxy" mp5 as a gift and its not what i use so im trying to get rid of it, it has upgraded internals i did that much to it but it lacks a back plate or a stock depending on your choice im selling it with two batteries (8.4v) and a high cap magazine. IM hoping to sell it for £200 or the nearest offer. If anyone is interested feel free to message me and i will get back to you.

£65 (O.N.O) for the mp5, thanks for the advice.

Still over priced mate, especially for a second hand gun. Without a list of the upgrades/parts you've put in then most people won't bother giving it a chance as they'd be taking the fact that you've "upgraded" it at face value.

Plus there's a dedicated for sale section on the forum for selling guns, try advertising there instead of on this thread.

Back on topic:

Personally I'd go for the TM P90 out of those listed. Being a TM it's bound to be reliable and easily upgradable as most upgrades are for TM or TM cloned guns.

If you can then go for the high cycle like Kurtz suggested - they're brilliant little guns for both CQB and woodland. The trigger response even on a regular NiMh battery is very quick. Just try and get mid cap mags over high caps - you'll be changing mags more often but I found them to feed a lot better with my old high cycle.

Your advice is incredible, i have been trying to get rid of this for almost a year so thank you. On your topic however i have been shot with a TMp90 that had a rate of fire and accuracy upgrade and it was lethal to say the least, im not sure what they are like stock but with a couple of upgrades they are monstrous weapons.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.