Airsoft Forums UK

How on earth do you remove this kind of barrel nut?

MILITATED

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Back with another noob question.
Up until now, I've only had experience with delta rings, which might I add, are not my favourite. Anyway, I've come across a new type and it looks much nicer, but I've got no idea how you get the bloody thing off!
Here is a picture of it: http://imgur.com/EHspJVl

Anyone had experience with this kind? Not sure how you'd actually go about unscrewing it. All the parts on my gun are put on very tightly and are a pain to get off for the first time, so I'd imagine this is no different. I'm removing my free float so I can take a look at my outer barrel (for an up coming project). Thanks in advance

No idea if I am honest. I'd assume I have to turn it clockwise like I did with the metal part around the barrel nut to release the hand guard itself, but I can't exactly get my hand around it to turn it or anything.

• Supporters

No idea if I am honest. I'd assume I have to turn it clockwise like I did with the metal part around the barrel nut to release the hand guard itself, but I can't exactly get my hand around it to turn it or anything.

You'll need a wrench with pins that fits into that inner ring. And some elbow grease.

• Supporters

What sort of handguard was it mounting on the rifle before? You generally need that info to know which sort of barrel nut spanner you'll require.

It won't be a CCW thread on the upper receiver, nobody builds ARs that way that I've ever heard of (airsoft or RS).

One of these wrenchs! It's got pins that stick out and go into those holes. Mine had 3 pins, but I had to hacksaw one off because the third one didn't quite line up with a hole making it impossible to insert correctly. Probably just the usual "no standard spec" in airsoft tolerances :)

post-3786-0-09610400-1437301840_thumb.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.