TM P226 Holster recommendations?

jeffery7466

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to get a new holster for my TM P226. I currently have a fabric drop leg, but it's quite annoying. There is a buckle I have to do up to make the pistol secure - very inconvenient to draw and put back in. It also seems to work itself to the front of by thigh after a bit of running. The good thing is it carries two extra mags.

I have a set of webbing and no chest rig, so looks like it'll have to be drop leg.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

i use a blackhawk serpa for my 228, it was fantastic on my chest with the MOLLE plate bit ive moved it onto my Osprey battle belt so i can easily lose the plate carrier if i want to run light.

• Supporters

Holsters are best mounted right on your belt, or very close below if for some reason a belt mount isn't physically feasible (such as thick body armour preventing the draw).

The IMIs are pretty decent quality, you sure get a lot with them considering that surprisingly low price.

• Supporters

Ima throw this out and say... Rogers Holsters? Webbing, MOLLE, leg, paddle, belt, you name it, their holsters can attach. Their new 578s are good

• Supporters

I ran the IMI holster on mine, very good build quality especially considering the price. I had some friends that were dubious about retention holsters until I showed them how I could shake it hard upside down with a mag in and there were no signs of it shifting.

If you want to spend more money get a SERPA but to be honest the only difference I can see is a different release latch(the IMI is arguably better as it's textured whereas the SERPA is flat/smooth) and the IMI has some seam lines which can be filed down if they bother you.

My friend who I sold my P226 to has written off fabric holsters after using the IMI one. Even when setup right fabric holsters are pretty irritating to try and reholster a gun into, as opposed to a retention holster where you know you are set once you hear the click.

• Supporters

I can't see any reason someone would be dubious of a level 2 holster like the IMIs or SERPAs, there's a mechanical lever that locks the gun in, there's never going to be any chance of the weapon going anywhere.

All my holsters now are moulded kydex that rely on friction, tension and the shape of the plastic around the trigger guard to just grip the gun, so technically it's not actually 'locked' in there and I could understand how someone unfamiliar with a lot of modern tac gear might feel dubious of something like that initially. But even with that sort of design there's still no reason for concern, as long as the holster's built by someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe if I was dangling out of helos or parachuting I'd add a bungee cord, but that's about it.

• Supporters

Bloody expensive! Anywhere I can get them cheap?

Their 578s aren't as expensive. And I would say me, but I'm out of the country. Actually, thinking about it, I don't think the 578 fits 226s wit a rail yet. Will need another 6-8 weeks before that model is done. I may be able to get you a 7TS holster; I got one more in the UK that fits my WE 226, but I'll have to see who's around to ship if you want it.

Their 578s aren't as expensive. And I would say me, but I'm out of the country. Actually, thinking about it, I don't think the 578 fits 226s wit a rail yet. Will need another 6-8 weeks before that model is done. I may be able to get you a 7TS holster; I got one more in the UK that fits my WE 226, but I'll have to see who's around to ship if you want it.

Thanks, but I got the IMI from uktactical.

Cheers though!

• Supporters

Guys thank you.

IMI arrived and fits like a glove

As a complete aside - what do you think of your TM P226? Thinking of getting one.

As a complete aside - what do you think of your TM P226? Thinking of getting one.

I have big hands and I love it, the only thing is that the trigger can be a bit heavy. Mine is quite old though, its the silver and black version that came out a while ago. Don't know about the new one coming out now.

• Supporters

I have big hands too hence I was interested as an alternative to my m9. How is the accuracy/range etc?

I have big hands too hence I was interested as an alternative to my m9. How is the accuracy/range etc?

Never really engaged targets more than 15m with it. Used green gas and 0.23, could easily hit torso at that range. I am not the best shot so not qualified to comment any more than that hehe

more like 10-15m actually ... imagine CQB situations

ps. are you going to the mall this sunday?

• Supporters

Never really engaged targets more than 15m with it. Used green gas and 0.23, could easily hit torso at that range. I am not the best shot so not qualified to comment any more than that hehe

more like 10-15m actually ... imagine CQB situations

ps. are you going to the mall this sunday?

Not going this Sunday I'm afraid - house hunting.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.