Another M1911 question

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I finally gave in & bought an M1911 bnib for £100 :)

Cybergun is a French company who under licence, have produced it & the pistol in question is a full metal, chrome silver, M1911 MK4 series 70 gas blow back pistol

My questions are

1- what (if any) M1911 gas mags are compatible ??

2- it says 390 fps on the box (until it's chrono'd) how would I bring that down ??

Cheers guys

• Supporters

I finally gave in & bought an M1911 bnib for £100 :)

Cybergun is a French company who under licence, have produced it & the pistol in question is a full metal, chrome silver, M1911 MK4 series 70 gas blow back pistol

My questions are

1- what (if any) M1911 gas mags are compatible ??

2- it says 390 fps on the box (until it's chrono'd) how would I bring that down ??

Cheers guys

Is it gas or CO2. Mag wise generally WE will fit but not TM

Is it gas or CO2. Mag wise generally WE will fit but not TM

Ummmm it does say in my post that it's a GAS BLOW BACK pistol mate lol :) but after a day at work, I tend to skim over things when reading

So you reckon WE mags should fit

• Supporters

I was checking as normally gas isn't that high on Fps it's normally CO2.

Yeah WE should fit

Ummmm it does say in my post that it's a GAS BLOW BACK pistol mate lol :) but after a day at work, I tend to skim over things when reading

So you reckon WE mags should fit

Co2 is a gas and many companies refer to a gun being "gas blowback" if it accepts or runs on Co2.

So don't be so harsh on Qlimax ;)

Sorry DEDSEC, I was trying to be funny but far as I know, if it was Co2 then I would state that & thanks for clearing that up aswell, I didn't know that companys refer Co2 & green gas as both as on the boxes, it says what type gas it takes

So to clear things up, it's a green gas gbb & thanks again Qlimax & I hope no offence was caused

Sorry DEDSEC, I was trying to be funny but far as I know, if it was Co2 then I would state that & thanks for clearing that up aswell, I didn't know that companys refer Co2 & green gas as both as on the boxes, it says what type gas it takes

So to clear things up, it's a green gas gbb & thanks again Qlimax & I hope no offence was caused

I was kidding mate haha just letting you know that Co2 is still referred to by some companies as "gas blowback".

To answer your question however, 390FPS would be with a 0.12g bb as Cybergun do that a lot with their products. With a 0.20g bb, you're looking at about 310 to 330 FPS depending on gas used. If you're paranoid about it shooting too hot then use a low powered gas like 144 etc.

I belive Cybergun are just a licencing company though. Much like the SOCOM GEAR M1911 is a licensed version of a WE M1911. So following that, Qlimax is right in saying WE magazines will work fine but so will Tokyo Marui. I have a Tokyo Marui M1911 and use WE magazines in it as well as I previously had a WE Desert Warrior and used Tokyo Marui magazines in it. It's most likely a clone or a retake on a WE and WE typically base their pistols off Tokyo Marui pistols (hence why you hear people say " it's TM compatible).

Hope it helps.

No mate but it's very similar to that, it doesn't have the Orange tip & uses green gas

He did have that one but the sites I use don't allow Co2

I was kidding mate haha just letting you know that Co2 is still referred to by some companies as "gas blowback".

To answer your question however, 390FPS would be with a 0.12g bb as Cybergun do that a lot with their products. With a 0.20g bb, you're looking at about 310 to 330 FPS depending on gas used. If you're paranoid about it shooting too hot then use a low powered gas like 144 etc.

I belive Cybergun are just a licencing company though. Much like the SOCOM GEAR M1911 is a licensed version of a WE M1911. So following that, Qlimax is right in saying WE magazines will work fine but so will Tokyo Marui. I have a Tokyo Marui M1911 and use WE magazines in it as well as I previously had a WE Desert Warrior and used Tokyo Marui magazines in it. It's most likely a clone or a retake on a WE and WE typically base their pistols off Tokyo Marui pistols (hence why you hear people say " it's TM compatible).

Hope it helps.

Well, I walked into that one with my eyes wide open pmsl :)

It's good to know that Co2 is also considered as gas blow back so I know for future reference, cheers dedsec :)

I've made the cross over from a Glock AEP to gas blow back so still learning about compatible parts, a mate of mine has a 1911 but he's not attending on Sunday so I'll get a WE mag when I can, I'll chrono it on Sunday to see what the FPS is

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.