Eye protection and mouth protection?

lazerkid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've just ordered my first gun and I am now looking at what to get for eye protection and mouth?

I have a low budget but I will spend a reasonable amount because I only get 1 set of eyes and my dental bill is already high from previous accidents!

What would you guys recommend or what do you wear already? Some links would help greatly!

Thank you!

I'm not a fan of mesh, I wear some ESS cross series eyeshields and a mesh lower face mask.

Your best bet with a mask is to attach it by the goggle tabs on a FAST helmet or something like that, really comfortable and doesn't get in the way of you talking, and as a bonus it's easy to remove for a minute to get a drink

Is this a lower mesh mask? Attach it to a helmet like the ones on people are selling?

For my low budget that I have (less than £70-80) would it be worth it buying second hand ESS glasses and mask as well as a helmet to reduce costs massively? Or would you not recommend second hand glasses?

I cable tied my lower mesh mask to my breathable goggles (not mesh goggles) that way I've only got one strap on my head & allows my boom Mic to go under my mask

Simple answer (as everyone's opinions differ) try different face protection & but what feels comfortable on you

• Supporters

Are the breathable goggles a better option compared to the ESS glasses as I find they are ridiculous expensive

Get ESS goggles on ebay. V12 Advancers go for about £20-£25 a set.

What mask is this mate and I've heard some bad things about mesh goggles so would ESS goggles fit onto this mask?

I made these out of a pair of Nuprol Mesh goggles with a standard facemask grip tied to it. The gap was filled with some foam and then hot glued in place. (I also cut an inch off the bottom to allow better clearance when I look down).

I started off with a pair of ESS advancer but sold them after about 2 months as I couldn't stop the fogging. You can remove the foam dust layer around the edges but I sweat a lot and I just couldn't get on with them. Recently I invested in a pair of Wiley X nerve dual layer goggles. They work much better but if it's a humid day then I don't even waste my time getting them out. I've never had a problem with mesh apart from them giving me a headache sometimes after a day looking through a sniper scope.

To answer your question, I don't think you'd be able to attach them to the Advancers, the gap in the nose is really big and there's not a lot of plastic to tie them too.

• Head Moderator

I have just purchased a pair of the v12 goggles from this seller, and made a best offer of £17. You may be able to offer a little less. Good service from him and genuine kit.

I have just purchased a pair of the v12 goggles from this seller, and made a best offer of £17. You may be able to offer a little less. Good service from him and genuine kit.

Just offered him 17, I'll see what he says haha

• Head Moderator

Always buy a brand new mask. That way you know it is not damaged, and it will not stink of other peoples sweat (like some hire masks do). I purchased a cheap mesh one from EBay for £4.26 including P&P, took a while to arrive but does the job. I then carefully cut the straps off the securing material and attached the mask to my Fast helmet (same as TheGrover above ) . There are some YouTube videos on how to do it.

No doubt there are lots of ways to get the perfect eye and face protection, and your own trial and error will develop what best suits your style/needs. The more experienced players can give advice on good brands. The key point is to make sure that you have good protection, it is worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

i have a pair of nuprol mesh goggles/glasses

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-glasses-and-goggles/we-europe-nuprol-shades-mesh-glasses-eye-protection-black.htm#.Vbh8kPlVhBc

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-glasses-and-goggles/we-europe-nuprol-pro-mesh-goggles-eye-protection-black.htm#.Vbh8pPlVhBc

found the glasses to small for my fat had, so may give them to my son to play in at home..... only my first game but im possibly going to try lens goggles next to see if my vision is any better instead of looking through mesh?

Prefer full eye protection as you know a ricochet is going to get me in the side of my eye!

for my face, i didnt want to use the hire face masks as stated above and i wasnt keen on them, i knew id go back so invested and as my brother and friends told me on the day, they sweated in them so went for this,

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/half-face-airsoft-protection/8-fields-mesh-lower-face-ear-protection-tan.htm#.Vbh9RPlVhBc

all good on the day, just need to get used to it. Can hurt towards then end on the bridge of the nose but someone menstioned adding padding to it

only trouble i did have was i couldn't look down the sights very well, may just be me and the M4 i had on the day

any other ear protection out there people know about?

with the goggles to buy next i'll look at maybe neoprene type masks for some ear protection and a lower face mask?...like others i dont want to loose teeth!

Is there alternative protection for ears?

as mentioned, trial and error is the way, but for eyes, make sure they can stand up to it and not some cheap lensed versions, you dont get another set of eyes so one area you should take seriously

djben9, to cover your ears you can use a shemagh, but it depends what you wear on your head. I personally wear a balaclava under my face pro for ear protection.

Just a layer is enough to prevent the skin breaking or a bb down the ear canal.

• Moderators

cheers for that, have a cheap black balaclava and a tan headover to use, only a cap so far on head, looking into that, boonie possibly or the usual helmet, still a learning curve for me!....
so much whizzing around me head!

Foliage green helmet, headset & mic, full face mask (lens goggles & mesh mask) & a shemagh around my neck wether its hot or cold, full finger gloves with right thumb & fore finger cut off

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.