Battery and charger for G&G GC16 please?

lazerkid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think youve broken the duck.

Why would you want to buy mags from Hobbyking ?

Why dont you just buy some G&G mags - at least you know they should work.

Theres plenty of choice if you have a google.

• 4 years later...

I was reading through this thread as I have a GC16 Predator on the way and I wasn't able to see some of the batteries.

Can someone let me know what the best power to use is, as I read that G&G say you can use a 11.1 1300mAh 15c but no higher or it voids your warranty.

However I was keen to see what you folks are suggesting, as I dont want to kill my Predator through using an OP battery.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, TommoThomson said:

warranty.

Oh-Wait-Youre-Serious_o_97195.gif&f=1

That said, I got bad overspin with an 11.1V high-mAh high-C battery, so unless you're rocking a MOSFET, ideally with active braking, I'd stick with 7.4V and keep it down to something modest like 1400mAh / 15/25C, e,g. buy 2 of these rather than 1 of something bigger.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1400mah-2s-15-25c-lipo-airsoft-pack-1.html

Something else to bear in mind with 11.1V is that you'll have to fit one of the cells down the buffer tube which can be tricky.

• Supporters

I hasten to add, just my personal preference after having a sad day with a big 11.1V.  Some folk get on fine with them, even without MOSFETs or mods.

Worst case, you can lop a cell out of an 11.1V and with a bit of soldering end up with a usable 7.4V plus a sad, lonely nobody-loves me cell.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.