Battery and charger for G&G GC16 please?

lazerkid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey I'm new to airsoft and I am going to start it up when I go back to university in september and join a society so it will be about 4 skirmishes a month! For the moment I want to have a fun I'm use too and can upgrade if need be! Could some one kindly link me some batteries to buy for my rifle as I am confused a little bit on what will fit etc! Is it a 7.4v li-on?

The GC16 is 168 altogether with two tone and delivery included. Thanks!

This should fit, presuming you have the standard G&G CM16 adjustable stock: http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-20c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html

Sorry if I sound like a noobie but what do you mean if I have the adjustable stock for cm16 rifle?

This is the one buying

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

• Supporters

you don't need a mosfet for a stock gun on 7.4v

higher voltage 11.1v yes or when you upgrade the motor/electrics etc... yes

but for stock gun - nope

charger - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Absima-LC-1-Lipo-Charger-UK-Version-4000031UK-/261912415786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cfb324e2a

battery - listed some options and gave you dimensions 18 x 35 x up to 160mm

block types - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZIPPY-Compact-2200Mah-2s-7-4v-25c-35c-Lipo-Pack-UK-Seller-Fast-Dispatch-/131212457347?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e8cdf3583

HOWEVER a lot of block/brick type of lipo's do not come with small tamiya connector so you need one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MALE-XT60-TO-FEMALE-MINI-TAMIYA-LIPO-BATTERY-CHARGER-ADAPTER-FOR-RC-CAR-BOAT-/251538674995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a90df9533

it don't matter to most of us if we are resoldering new deans or T plug connectors on there in upgraded guns

but as the GC16 30th is front wired a moderate but higher cheaper capacity battery can be used

carbines, GC16 & G26 are wired up front

rest of G&G's are rewired and many use crane stock - 2 x small thin stick type batteries

yes you can buy/use the crane/nunchuck/stick battery in the GC16

but you can also use the better bang for buck block/brick type batteries if gun's battery compartment allows

(which it does on GC16 30th)

up to you what you buy - but posting this stuff on zero one won't get you many open choice replies

As Zero One being a retail shop don't like people posting links to other stores/sites that Z1 sell in store

Hence this place is more open and can speak/link to other sites's offers etc....

Hobbyking is good but to really save money you need to buy 2 or more batteries - then you get lipo's very very cheap

(especially block type ones)

Thank you that reply helped me a lot! So if I get a battery like the one you suggested id have to solder on the t link for it to work in the gun? If so then I think that's all I need and I can begin looking at other parts such as accessories and magazines to make the postage cost cheaper in the long run haha

• Supporters

if you get zippy compact or others like that

a lot come with xt60 connectors for use in RC cars n boats....

hence the adapter for xt60 to small tamiya

on airsoft guns - most including G&G will come with small tamiya

(some other guns might come with large tamiya or higher end guns deans but 98% will be the small tamiya)

if you buy AIRSOFT nunchuck or stick batteries they will already have small tamiya connector on there but often cost a bit more

(mention airsoft battery in a shop and they will bump up prices)

best places are RC shops to buy batteries from - most will have a small selection of AIRSOFT batteries

but like I said depending on the gun's battery space you can use the RC block batteries also with bigger capacity etc....

Normally we cut off the connectors - ONE AT A TIME or you short by cutting both together - you WILL get a f*cking shock trust me

BUT it ain't worth messing about soldering/fitting new connectors unless you really want to

just use an adapter - only need one to leave in gun and maybe get 1 or 2 block batteries with xt60 connectors

the zippy compacts are good ones - got some myself - turnigy, vapex plus others are all decent makes

just you need to pay attention to connectors or get adapters or resolder/crimp new ones on if you want to get best value for money

you can just buy proper airsoft batteries with small tamiya already on there as well - just that the GC16 can use the block type ones

within the sizes I told you about - be careful you don't get one too big and can't fit it in - done that before oops

(crane stock guns can't and need the correct nunchuck or twin stick batteries in them like Raiders & CM18 etc...)

Cheers mate, I'll let you know what I order in the morning as I'm going to sleep on what you've said and have a thorough search in the morning for all the stuff I need! You've been great help and have welcomed someone into airsoft!

• Supporters

remember if you don't wanna pi$$ball about with adapters you can get this:

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=44687

now that is still dirt cheap and does go in my gc16 30th - tested it

but UK warehouse don't do airsoft batteries for some reason ???

so make sure you click on european warehouse and wait 5 minutes......

eventually a little box may pop up and offer them at a small discount 5 to 10% max - it varies on each battery

buying from Europe/Netherlands will be faster - by end of week rather than 2 or 3 weeks from International Hong Kong

shipping might be a little more than buying from UK but cheaper than Hong Kong and waiting....

also there seems to be no real limits on postage tariff rate - I filled a basket with 4kg's of stuff

and was same price it seemed as just buying a couple of bits from Europe ???

(i didn't purchase a ton of batteries but was being f*cking nosey)

anyway - you got some options to think about

anybody else thinking of buying those cheap nunchuck batteries.....

THEY ARE TOO LONG TO FIT INTO CRANE STOCKS !!!!

but they do fit in longer gc16 handguards up front

• Supporters

The GC16 is NOT a crane stock and is FRONT wired in handguard

Both the 30th GC16 & G26 and the Carbine's are FRONT wired

Rest of CM range are rear wired - I'm 99.999% sure of that except for confirm any other new/older models

most rear wired ones have the crane rear stock for the twin stick/nunchuck batteries in the crane stock

(has 2 thin tubes at back)

twin stick or nunchuck or crane style batteries - call them what you like

but the twin stick batteries are designed for crane stocks but can be used up front or anywhere they will fit

you can shove these in a jumbo full size fixed stock and a couple of mars bars as well I guess

batteries go anywhere they will fit - and then there are external batteries mounted on rail in a PEQ box but don't worry about that....

The GC16 is front wired in a slightly longer hanguard - you have some room from bottom of handguard to outer barrel

this is aprox 18mm max height or thickness of a block battery

width wise it is about 35mm might be 36 at a push

length of battery could be up to 170mm but due to ridges or parts of barrel meeting this full depth of 18mm will only be maintained for say 150mm

so you have a space of 150 x 35 x 18 - this figure I would go for slightly under if possible 16 or 17mm as lipo's may slightly puff a tiny bit in use

and most of all just to be on safe side of things

most 2200mah block batteries are gonna be 110 to 125mm long and most will be 32 to 36 - do not go over 35mm width

it is the thickness you need to pay close attention to 16 to 17mm - max 18mm - 20mm+ - no chance closing up handguard....

due to many block batteries being used for mainly RC stuff - many won't come with small tamiya connectors but xt60

there is an adapter which works well - some adapters from Hong Kong came with incorrect polarity

no biggy to unpick & reverse pins/polarity - hopefully a reputable UK seller will have the adapter 101% correct

(long story short it gets confusing coz large tamiya's BLACK = round socket are wired different to small tamiya RED is round socket)

Anyway - due to the pi$$balling about with just one adapter in gun needed but hopefully correct polarity

and measuring/checking double checking all dimensions BEFORE you order etc....

The twin stick batteries from HobbyKing Europe at a fiver will go in there no problem, not as big capacity

but no messing - small tamiya, goes in there really easy with loads of room - heck you might even get

two sets in there coz when I tried it they went around outer barrel at say 9 & 3 o'clock

so you could put in another set and have a combined 2600mah 7.4v or 1300mah 14.8v

NOT A GOOD IDEA TO WIRE IN 14.8v in a stock gun - well any gun really coz most on here stay in single volt digits

seriously just put one set in there coz if you wire it up in series/parrallel - you will get 14.8v on series - BANG

and besides 2 x 7.4v 1300mah do work but is better to have one bigger capacity if possible

or just run them one at a time

Soz for Open University bollox - there is the option/space - but don't bother imho

Hopefully you got this now - either block option if you measure/adapter

or

the long twin sticks at a fiver each

the warning was to others as being these sticks are about 166mm long they are way too long to fit other rear wired crane stock guns

(work fine in AK47's top cover/battery, still crap for mp5k's as they are smidge too wide - poxy mp5k's)

So anybody else thinking I'll get them for my Raider - ergh the arse will be hanging out of rear crane stock

so don't anybody start bitching to me if these don't fit

All of us need to take care and double check any battery will fit - I'm sure I got my measurements right on the GC16

but all the same I ain't getting sued if stuff don't quite fit 101% as first thought

If I don't win this months Golden Ladle Award then I wanna know why

coz I will be considering legal advice

That has explained a lot for me! I'm learning so much from your posts for future reference! I'm just going to buy a x2 of those 1300mAh you linked to me! Anything else I'll need off of that website as I might as well get some more stuff to save on postage later on!

• Supporters

not really unless they do cheap lipo chargers in EU store

UK don't and the really cheap chargers come from Hong Kong / International warehouse

take a look by all means but you have to do seperate orders for UK or EU or USA or International etc.....

failing that check ebay but make sure you are really buying from a UK seller

loads of china sellers appear to be in UK but are not - cheecky sods

• Supporters

Like I was thinking of getting a charger off of there as well as they look decent (turnigy ones)

show me any that you find - often you need a 10v to 18v psu with correct plug at end

to power many lipo chargers - most of them are like this

some like a ParkZone one are designed to run off car cigarette lighter socket

but no bigger you could wire up a 12v psu and have it for use at home/car

many do allow a variable voltage of between 10 to 18v as the modules internal voltage regulator allows for this

but all of them may differ so I ain't saying jack $hit

a few models run on 240v like the B3 types - but as with all chargers especially really cheap ones beware of unsafe copies/clones

you can buy a cheapo £3 one from china and use an old adsl/cable modem psu at 12v

I got one like that plus a B3 240v

but I kinda understand stuff a bit more - no offense to you or any others out there

so it might be best to get a proper charger off the self rather than a Blue Peter diy thrown together bodge up one like mine

• Supporters

0.20's and 0.25's for slight better range on most guns

should of grabbed a bag of BAW's @ Airsoftworld - they are pretty decent I found

other than that buy small qty's if trying out different brands - local site's bb's are usually ok

(otherwise players would be saying - Oi these are crap bb's)

• Supporters

I dunno - there isn't much in it, it is all down to who has stock/price inc shipping and how quick you need stuff

as always there is a "slight" risk of paying duty from Hong Kong if stopped

but 2 small boxes arrived ok without charge when I wrongly ordered from HK instead of EU

you have numerous locations/options - click open in new tab if you like to explore all options

end of the day won't make much difference what you get as long as it fits/works

it is a lot cheaper than buying batteries from Airsoft shops like Zero One etc....

£20 for a 2200mah nimah old skool crane battery + £16 or more on old skool smart charger £36 or £56 if 2 batteries bought !!!!!

yeah right - fffffforget that but loads n loads add to cart and a cheapo raider @ £123 jumps to £200+ very easily

• Supporters

Almost any decent M4 mag will do n feed ok in a G&G

when finished shooting it is wise to empty mag

or at very least release the tension from wound spring on mag before storing

this is to prevent mag losing spring tension being stored fully wound

resulting in weak spring - basically you will find you will have to wind it more n more

as she will fire only say half a dozen shots before dry firing and need more winding etc etc......

before you ask - dunno how many shots per winding - it varies maybe 20 or 30

but to be honest I have never bothered counting - if its very little I know its a crap mag/spring

A hi cap magazine holds hundreds of bb's, a mid cap can hold 60-180 bb's & a low cap (for realism) holds upto 30 bb's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.