Airsoft Forums UK

How to make a PMAG fit your M4 platform

MILITATED

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I recently had an issue with a PMAG and a few M4 platforms, and so I decided to make a guide on how I solved it.

The problem is that the PMAG doesn't reach far enough into the magwell, and so doesn't lock into place (meaning it will just come out of the gun and not feed). So, you have to modify the mag slightly which takes a few minutes. Of course, this doesn't happen with all PMAGS, but I have seen that a few people had this issue.

As you can see below, I have cut the area in the red circle by about half, which allows the PMAG to go deeper into the magwell. The mag now fits perfectly fine inside the magwell (of a G&G CM16 and a King Arms BW15 Carbine - these two have slightly different magwells which are angled, so this modification should work for you) and feeds fine.

Do not take any notice of the notch at the top of the mag - that was for an ACR.

The electrical tape is optional - it is there to negate any wobble (some guns have wider magwells).

Hope this is of some use. I personally love the look of these mags, so it'd be a shame to let them go to waste.

qIcHmez.jpg

No problem, I will post any findings which are potentially beneficial :) I've got a few ideas and projects lined up, so I will definitely be taking notes a long the way for others to look at.

Ah yeah there are definitely some wobbly mags out there... The worst is probably a wobbly hi cap mag, not only does it rattle from wobbling, but the noise of the BBs... I stick to mid caps personally.

PMAGs seem to be pretty sturdy though! Don't even think the tape is needed but I keep it there just in case.

Pmags should fit in M4 receivers with no problems, shaving the tabs mainly applies to 416's and L85/L86's. Bit weird that your mag doesn't fit in the receiver.

Yeah I thought that the mags would just fit which is why I was a bit confused at first. I thought it was the gun, but it had problems with a very common gun too. Ah well, all done now :)

• Supporters

You know that the hop unit can also prevent a perfect fit as dont you ?

My Pmags fitperfectly into my lower receiver when there's no hop / barrel in the upper.

Soon as my hop is in they won't click on the mag catch without having to gently smack the bottom of the mag. If I use my Element red hop unit the problem is gone but use my Pro-Win and the problem is back.

• Supporters

I tried this yesterday with one of my Pmags and I must say mate “ Legend “ even with my Pro-Win hop in which is an absolute nightmare with my Pmags this mod is brilliant and the pmag just clicks straight in no messing about.

Great tip and I like it :)

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.