WE Raptor

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Morning folks of the forum,

Looking at getting a WE Raptor Katana brand new, Does anyone have any experience of this weapon and is there any little foibles I need to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

I've got one for sale,

The only thing I've noticed is you need good magazines that feed well, the usual stock red cylinder chronos about 400 fps with good airseal and you need to keep an eye on the piston. Aside from that its snappy as hell and and a good ROF

Which magazines do you use Mike? My mate has a Katana and has had no end of feed issues but various techs have not been able to replicate it.

• Supporters

He's using the same MAG midcaps but also has the same issue with his G&G ones(also tried the old velcro in the magwell trick). Going to get him to try some King Arms BBs I have knocking about next skirmish, not sure if the hop rubber has been changed but last time a tech looked as it they said it would be a waste of money as it's only skipping the odd shot.

Thing for him is he's a sneaky bastard and has had the drop on multiple people only for the gun to not feed several shots in a row.

• Supporters

If its not feeding like that it might be the mags not being seated high enough to reach the short feed tube. Has he had the spring chopped down at all?

I think he might have but would need to check, could that effect feeding?

• Supporters

Got my gun and I'm a little in love but.... recommendations for best types of batteries and mags would be much appreciated as she is hungry!

Thanks folks!

• Supporters

Cheers man that's very much appreciated, I did not realise how power hungry the gun can be.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.