Terminator Genisys Custom ak47 plasma rifle conversion

btank197

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so after recently watching the new terminator film, I really liked the look of the converted

ak47 into the plasma rifle edition, it was a bad ass design and obviously I rushed to the internet to find where I could get such an awesome rifle, however after looking and searching around no one

seems to even of thought of building a beta version of the rifle....much to my dismay and horror

As I am I'm gonna make my own version of the model and gonna make a beta version first on a cheap ak47 to see whether it can be done. I'm currently looking on ways to create the rifle and keep it as true to the design as possible, however certain key features need to be addressed/found, so I have come to you wonderful people if you could help me out:

From where the receiver ends to the end of the barrel is a unique designed barrel and rail system, it is fully cylindrical and is in two parts, one inner tube for the barrel and an outer one for the rail system. As simple it may seem the rail system is fully cylindrical also and only has a rail on top (which needs to be longer than most rail systems and underneath (short rail system).

The magazine for the ammo (BB's) is going to have to be converted significantly, I'm hoping to convert a drum mag slightly by either change the casing or encase the magazine. not sure which is best.

I've attached a picture of the rifle so you guys can get back to me,

cheers

post-11664-0-34954500-1436473916_thumb.jpg

post-11664-0-20696600-1436473980_thumb.jpg

That is a fair shout, that idea never came across my mind tbh haha....

however one issue remains is trying to install the upper and lower rail, might need to do some changes but that you,

that's save a lot of time and most likely a poor ak47 from inhibitable doom.

Any ideas for what I can do to include the railing? or is there the attach it to the top? and any chance to reduce the overall length of the barrel?

There's a surprising lack of non-real-steel airsoft guns out there, kudos for making your own! Post pics when you've made some progress be awesome to see it

I'm trying to make a star trek phaser rifle, I'd assumed i'd be able to find a toy i could convert but nothing out there, closest is solid resin casts of movie props.

That is a fair shout, that idea never came across my mind tbh haha....

however one issue remains is trying to install the upper and lower rail, might need to do some changes but that you,

that's save a lot of time and most likely a poor ak47 from inhibitable doom.

Any ideas for what I can do to include the railing? or is there the attach it to the top? and any chance to reduce the overall length of the barrel?

hmm, drill or glue the rails on?

As for shorter barrel... just cut it off :P

Thank you AK47frizzle for your advice, and tbh it's the best thing I'm gonna get to it, just gonna be a long conversion job, but at least I can say it is my own version

of the rifle, is there anyplace anyone knows where there are any blueprints for the AS Val rifle, so I know where I can convert certain features without ruining the internals and also plan where design changes will be done.

And only one potential slight issue is with the barrel reducing its length is that the battery was designed (don't ask why, yes I know its stupid) to fit in the suppressor barrel

And with regards to Colonel Kurt's comment I will do as soon as it arrives and once I've got the equipment needed, so warning now it will be sometime (1/2 months) before I will upload more pictures and progression.

ANd with regards to the phaser, are you looking at making a current star trek movies phaser or from the tv show phaser? because some of the designs will be very problematic with room for the motor, magazine etc etc and having a long enough barrel to ensure accuracy and that the BB doesn't just roll out the end of the barrel or the bb doesnt fly in random directions.

Also looking at the stats for the AY AS VAL is really decent, so probably little or no internal changes just external and body job, with regards to the rail systems I will probably do as you said and drill them on, as in the picture the top and lower railings are held in place by a sort of 'cage' lock so I'll make that but mostly done by drilling.

After looking over the project I'm looking at about £199 for the rifle, new battery and charger and 2 magazines

£100-200 for body work, buying attachments (laser sight, flashlight), buying the railings, general body changes, additional tools required.

This is just an estimate, once the project is up and running, i'll be hoping to do updates every 2/3 days and make instructions so if others do also want to make the plasma rifle they can look at my steps, if anyone can think of any other useful tips or ideas they'd be very much appreciated as every little helps me get this as good as possible

Again thank you all,

Brandon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.