Want to buy a new AEG - Please Help

Gobra

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Airsofters!

I am looking for a new AEG and would love some advice and reccomendations. I currently use an Umarex G36C, I am looking for an M4/16 variant, with a short to mid length barrel. I mainly play CQB but want to be able to take it onto fields too, especially this years AI 500!

Preferably it would come with a tight bore inner barrel with a good to high rate of fire.

I am planning to add a tracer unit so don't want something which has a really long barrel out of the foregrip, LiPo ready and comes with or is able to fit a Mosfet are bonuses.

My budget is around £150-£280 for the gun.

"Edit: I am also looking for either a Sniper Rifle or an M14 I can upgrade as a DMR, I dont really fancy the TM VSR 10 becuase of all the upgrades required to get a good fps and internals. Possibly looking at a G&G M14 SOC 16 or other VSR clone, but not too sure. Recently purchased a Swiss Arms Firepower SAR 10 CO2 Gas (VSR 10 clone) downgraded to shoot at 450 fps with supposedly good accuracy, but the build quality isnt great, the mag release doesnt always work and bb's roll out of the barrel if you aim down..."

I hope you guys can help me, there seems to be far too many with so many differences at wild price ranges.

Thanks!

I've got a G&G m4 I use in cqb & an ICS m4 that I use outdoors (I started of with the G&G) and I prefer the ICS because of the split gear box which means I can swap out the upper gearbox for a lower power spring if it's to hot on a game day

• Supporters

G&G CM Vs ICS Sportline or 2 very good plastic/polymer starter guns.....

Fire rate out of box - ICS seems a bit faster imho

Build quality - G&G imho win due to conventional hop, I think the G&G receivers are better than ICS

(G&G 8mm bearing/bushing ICS pretty sure they are 7mm, G&G bronze bushings wear a bit quicker I feel)

yes ICS split gearbox is good for spring change but often if gun breaks it all has to be stripped down

could go on loads of fors/against

so the 2 above it is neck n neck so to speak....

But deciding factor and why I feel G&G just beat ICS is down to choice of gun styles in the £120 to £150 range

ICS just seem to be the same as G&G carbine M4a1 in the sportsline/starter range - often just loads of different stocks

needing to go up above £150 to get some nicer looking models

Where as G&G seem to offer a bit more choice with rails n stuff

Watch out though on new revamped G&G's with new style CM receivers

CM16 SR looks nice but has the start of their "module" stuff they was on about

sounds good some of this plug in stuff until you realise you gotta use G&G spare parts coz it is bespoke and not TM compatible

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/gg-armament-cm16-sr-series-released

the electronic trigger unit could cost a bit if she fails

along with other "new" innovations like quick swap motor

redesigned bb loading system with no tappet plate - hmmmmmm

plug in module batteries and more electronic crap - not G&G's strong point in past

Time will tell how the new CM stuff runs but I'm old skool - that is just my take with regular CM just beating ICS sportlines

well for now - if newer CM fails then my money would be back on ICS for clever split gearbox but not ott that it costs loads to service/repair

Thanks for all the help guys. Based on your comments I have had a search and come up with a list of AEG's that im going to try and choose from, voting for your favourite is appreciated :)

My list that I am searching through is below:

1. G&G Combat Machine SRL (http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-combat-machine-srl-cm16-sr-l.html)

2. G&G Combat Machine 300BOT - (http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-combat-machine-300bot.html)

3. G&G GC16 MOD0 30th Anniversary (http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-dark-earth.html)

4. King Arms S&W m&p15x Carbine (http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/airsoft-bb-gun-type/airsoft-bb-gun-rifles/airsoft-bb-gun-m4-m16/king-arms-s-w-m-p15x-carbine.html)

5. G&G TR4 CQB-R Gen 3 (http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-tr4-cqb-r-airsoft-rifle-gen-3-mosfet.html)

6. King Arms SIG SAUER 556 Shorty Blowback (http://www.airsoftworld.net/king-arms-sig-sauer-556-shorty-airsoft-rifle-aeg-with-blowback.html)

7. ICS Par Mk3 C MTR (http://www.airsoftworld.net/ics-par-mk3-c-mtr-10-5-mtr-stock-ebb-airsoft-rifle-black.html)

8. G&G M14 SOC 16 (to add extended barrel and tracer unit plus scope for a basic DMR) (http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/airsoft-bb-gun-type/airsoft-bb-gun-rifles/airsoft-bb-gun-m14/gandg-gr-16-4623.html)

• Supporters

AEG wise - 3 no question on that one

think its a 330 barrel length, front wired but solid handguard with a few mini rails to bolt on for grip etc

removable front sight to leave clean top rail for scope if you so wish

I'd buy another black one as its metal and make a full metal CM18 or some other project but I am trying to cut down

CM18 is nice too but the mid cap mag is crap plus don't like the CM18's stock flash hider G36 type with thread for quick fit silencer

I changed my CM18's flash hider straight away and left mag in box - but 2-tone black/tan looks sexy

the first 2 - hmmm not for me

The BOT is still a polymer one with basic fet and over the £150 mark I think for a polymer gun

SRL - not sure how good the idea of bespoke components are from newer G&G's arriving now

I haven't bought any higher end G&G's so can't comment just how good value the more expensive guns are

I can only comment on the cheaper starter guns as I have/had quite a few of them

This is the area that G&G shift loads n loads n loads of them coz they are such good value

alas many G&G CM starters are common as muck and everybody has one or owned/used one in the past

DMR - can't help ya on that issue I like running around, sweating loads, and squealing like a girl as I shot to f*ck

Thanks for all the help guys. Based on your comments I have had a search and come up with a list of AEG's that im going to try and choose from, voting for your favourite is appreciated :)

My list that I am searching through is below:

3. G&G GC16 MOD0 30th Anniversary (http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-dark-earth.html)

I'm currently running the G&G GC16 MOD0 - also bought from Airsoft world :)

I would highly recommend it, has been running perfect since purchase about 2 months ago - didn't have to alter the hop-up or sights or anything, came spot on out of the box

The M14 is a very different gun to all the rest. I guess you need to decide whether thats want you want or whether ypu want something more "compact and portable".

Cheers for the help, im torn between saving money and going for the G&G GC16 MOD 0 30th Anniversary, the Krytac Trident CRB which looks very nice but is alot more, or G&G M14 EBR, at nearly £400 its pretty expensive but it looks beautiful.

Great advice guys, will post my purchase when its made! :)

:) thanks, now I need to find somewhere that has the Krytac in stock!

Dont know about you guys but every Airsoft retailer website seems to be out of stock of nearly everything!

• Supporters

How old are you - reason being you could just get ukara'd

then buy 30th in UK £150

&

then a cyma.032 for £100 from TWG and have your cake n eat it

up to you though, weigh up all options but ukara will help you get best bargains out there

• Supporters

:) thanks, now I need to find somewhere that has the Krytac in stock!

Dont know about you guys but every Airsoft retailer website seems to be out of stock of nearly everything!

Contact lwa or proairsoft supplies and see when they are getting new stock in. Shouldnt be to long.

Hey, im 23 iv got my UKARA so no issues there, its just the, but still most retailers seem to be out of stock.

Ill have to give someone a call and see when theyare back in stock

Doesnt matter about the flash hider, it takes about 10 minutes to remove and clean then its a standard ccw 14mm thread.

It does matter, if it is glued on, that's an extra job - might be 10 minutes for some people, but I don't have access to any tools here (except boiling water) to remove plastic glued to metal. So removing it would be an expenditure in many ways, if I bought one now I'd probably have to spend £50 to remove it.

• Supporters

It does matter, if it is glued on, that's an extra job - might be 10 minutes for some people, but I don't have access to any tools here (except boiling water) to remove plastic glued to metal. So removing it would be an expenditure in many ways, if I bought one now I'd probably have to spend £50 to remove it.

Im sure somebody can lend you a hairdryer, that and a spanner is all you need.

Im sure somebody can lend you a hairdryer, that and a spanner is all you need.

All true, and all irrelevant IF they are supplied to this country without this problem, as I understand it is US blazing orange tips that necessitates this.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.