Polarstar JACK or Wolverine SMP/HYDRA?

Guest SquashyTundra6

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest SquashyTundra6

Hey guys, I'm looking to convert my ICS L85 to HPA and these are my three options, anyone have any advice as I don't quite know which would be better.

From what I can see, I can get the JACK for less momey than the SMP or HYDRA, however the SMP seems easier to control and better to adjust, and the HYDRA is just an updated version of that...

So, does anyone know which would be the best option?

Thanks!

• Supporters

The Jack only fits into TM gearboxes from the understanding i have of the Jack. Your best option is the SMP and i believe you'd need to V3 for an L85 but you'd have to double that one.

I would say the SMP as it's gone down in price now due to Hydra and they are brilliant systems

Guest SquashyTundra6

Sorry I should have posted this in the first place! Here's what I will be getting for the L85: http://www.bingoairsoftworks.com/ics-l85l86-hpa-engine-gearbox-replacement-kit/

It replaces the gearbox completely, and the fella is builidng it with the JACK, SMP or HYDRA, however of the three the JACK is being sold for the least. HYDRA and SMP are going for the exact same price apparently once the HYDRA comes into stock...

So would you still advise on the SMP?

Also, thank you for your response

• Supporters

Sorry I should have posted this in the first place! Here's what I will be getting for the L85: http://www.bingoairsoftworks.com/ics-l85l86-hpa-engine-gearbox-replacement-kit/

It replaces the gearbox completely, and the fella is builidng it with the JACK, SMP or HYDRA, however of the three the JACK is being sold for the least. HYDRA and SMP are going for the exact same price apparently once the HYDRA comes into stock...

So would you still advise on the SMP?

Also, thank you for your response

Ah I see. Well if they are supplying a full replacement drop in for you then it’s up to you. if you were changing it out yourself then the SMP I would say but as your looking to buy a custom drop in then either one would be fine.

What I would do first is compare the functionality of the two and see which fits you better. The SMP is dead easy to use and the functions are great too.

Guest SquashyTundra6

See thats what I was thinking, the JACK is basically the same as the SMP but with a lower price and more customisation, however maintenance etc is still easier on the SMP.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I may wait until more in depth reviews come out for the JACK (if they do come out)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.