What is a good base gun for a DMR?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

No guns are good enough to be a DMR straight out of the box, they need a lot of upgrades, just like a bolt action sniper rifle.

Some components are more obvious than others to replace (namely hop unit & bucking, barrel) but preferably you want to install a high torque motor, re-shim / AOE correction / lock to semi work etc

Therefore internal parts in my knowledge aren't that much of a problem since you're actually gonna be getting rid of most of them for better ones anyway?

For a base gun I'd recommend a P&J (A&K) from TaiwanGun, if you have UKARA, since it's a Polish retailer.

Over here you could be looking at £250+ for a DMR (for example G&G SR25s are around that price) but it's nothing more than your standard AEG internally.

The former on the other hand I believe are around £150 and full metal and if you are ordering from them might as well take advantage of cheap magazines and BBs and add some to your order.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.