Starting airsoft what guns best

Bigben2k

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi new to the forum so I'll say hi before I ask for advise just wanted some information what gun to get to start of with I like the look of the m16 g&g cm16 raider but really want a gun that feels more like a gun and not a toys r us job any advise would be great full thanks Ben

Guest RektnNekt

The G&G CM16 is pretty much the go-to starter weapon. It is a great gun, doesn't feel like a toys-r-us gun at all. Very reliable and easily customisable - it is definitely a weapon you should consider getting.

• Supporters

G&G's CM16 are highly regarded by most of us, as they are excellent guns. If you want a gun that feels more like a gun, get the metal varients, G&P's, metal Classic Army varients or metal King Arms varients.

really want a gun that feels more like a gun and not a toy

If it wasnt for this I'd say G&G CM16

But with this in mind.. for M4 go with a G&P whole day. You pay more, but the feel is fantastic.

For AK you can go for CYMA/CM models cm.045, cm.048, cm.050 (the other ones feel toy like, but these are solid)

If money aint a thing, go for Real Sword, no discussion. They are manufactured by Norinco, who makes the most common real AK (Type 56). Holding a Real Sword feels no different to holding the real thing.

Firstly, I would ask; are you new to airsoft?

If you are then you really don't want to spend a lot of money on your first gun. This is because your spacial awareness might not be brilliant to start with, and the last thing you want is to spin around quickly whilst skirmishing, hitting your gun and breaking it in half. If this does happen, and you have spend a fortune on your gun, you would be mightily annoyed.

There are quite a few guns that would suit a beginner on a budget - once you get the hang of things then you can progress to something 'awesome' ;)

Yh so cm16 raider is good for me yes I'm

28 just new to air soft my mates just started and have been couple times watched the go pros and had a go of his gun his got a g36 metal one but seems to heavy to run round with all day and I would have to get the gun in two tone as not got a licence yet what about a good second hand metal m4 or m16 what makes to look for that are good

• Supporters

Yh so cm16 raider is good for me yes I'm

28 just new to air soft my mates just started and have been couple times watched the go pros and had a go of his gun his got a g36 metal one but seems to heavy to run round with all day and I would have to get the gun in two tone as not got a licence yet what about a good second hand metal m4 or m16 what makes to look for that are good

There aren't any metal g36's, the real thing is plastic ;)

If youre 28, my advice is not to rush into anything. Do three games, get your UKARA defence sorted so you dont need a two tone and by then you will know more about what you want. Theres no point saying you dont want a toy gun if you are going to run round with a bright coloured one.

• Supporters

As has already been said above rent for 3 games get your ukara membership (its not a licence) have a look at what other players are using and talk them about the pros and cons of the weapons they are using.

When you have done that make a more informed decision on what you want. Remember other peoples opinions are exactly that opinions and they are subjective choose what YOU like.

• Supporters

Even with loads of Fairy Power Spray soaked overnight or even 48hrs removing paint is time consuming

Just done a Raider that took a fair amount of scrubbing n soaking n scrubbing n soaking etc.....

Crane stock is proving to be a pain but I probably won't bother going ultra mad on it coz intend to replace it anyway

Yes you could get a 2-tone and in theory remove it once ukara'd/defense

buying a cheap 2-tone starter like a Raider or Carbine isn't a totally unwise move as 3 x rentals will be looking at aprox £25 x 3

and even if you keep the starter as spare it ain't a bad thing....

or sell it on for half price and still ain't lost money......

depends on site & their rental guns - some are a bit worn but still work great like my local G36's

but others I have heard are really well abused and on their last legs

compare that against buying a new gun for about £125 (plus battery charger etc....)

tough call really if to just rent for a little while or take the plunge on a "everybody has these ffs" CM16

• Supporters

We're I live in Kent its50 pound a time my mates is telling me so might as well buy a g&g cm16 for £126 two tone and as said keep it as a spare thanks

Its probably £50 a time for a rental package but about £25 walk on so it might seem like you are saving £25 but your not really add up all the costs and owning your own kit doesnt save you much as you think. Gun a couple of batteries and charger about £170, face protection/eye pro £25 so that gives you £195 give or take a few quid.

So when you play it costs £25 walk on and say you use a couple thousand bbs a time £6 that £31 to play you save £19. So you would have to go 10 times to get your money back for your gun and eye pro but if you play 10 times you will end up buying more kit within those 10 visits so you never really catch up. Give you a tip for me to break even I would have to play at least a 100 times more and never buy any more kit and thats not going to happen.

Airsoft is not a good sport for trying to save money but great for divorce and bankruptcy.

I do get what u mean not cheap to do but nothing is stopped smoking 50 fags a day at nearly 10 pound a pack so more money to spend now I'm not smoking and I hate doin things if I gota cut corners if u see were I'm coming from want a nice gun so it will last and can add to it later on

We're I live in Kent its50 pound a time my mates is telling me so might as well buy a g&g cm16 for £126 two tone and as said keep it as a spare thanks

What site do you play at where it is £50? I play and live in Kent and never paid that much!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.