Difference in the two snipers

UK SQUADDIE

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Many thanks to all for the comment, there's a mix ratio of likes and dislike for both so am 50/50 again.

What are the legal rights to importing an airsoft rifle from Poland or another foreign country, am sure someone will get alittle hard on when they see a rifle get put through a scanner.

Many thanks to all for the comment, there's a mix ratio of likes and dislike for both so am 50/50 again.

What are the legal rights to importing an airsoft rifle from Poland or another foreign country, am sure someone will get alittle hard on when they see a rifle get put through a scanner.

If you have your UKARA number on the front then it shouldn't be a problem. I know a fair few people that use Taiwan gun and never had issues bringing it in the country.

Guest PT247

I have recently got myself a TM G-Spec, cracking lil gun out the box and was firing at 310fps. I've pretty much gone the full Laylax upgrade route for the trigger/piston as the parts are all compatible. Am leaving the TM hop unit but will be modding it, I have ordered a type B hop arm though. I'm running mine at 350fps so I don't have an MED and currently is more accurate than any of my AEGs or gas guns and possibly has the edge on range too. Am happy with my fps so am now just working on improving the accuracy which will be tough as it is pretty damn good as is!

Happy days, so long as it's on the address side up, should be ok, thanks for that, am happy to spend money on a snipe as I'll buy it all but drawn to the TM VSR-10 and Bar-10 £100 cheaper is the bar which means an extra £100 for mods, am drawn to TM more for reliability and good build quality

Hi.

Please, please, please get the jg. The TM version is I waste of money! Period! The only part which is better are the sling mounts. They are very cheap if you are desperate.

Is difficult to quickly explain here as there is a ton of information on why, but I suggest you google the airsoft sniper forum and read the stickies on there before you dive in. There is tons of very scientific reasoning behind what mods etc to do and what not to do (I.e. don't get a 6.01 barrel)

I know my way around the vsr platforms pretty well after years of stripping it down and fettling it so feel free to pm me if you need a hand

Bullet

TM Sling mounts are awful too. The screw is made of steel,but the rest is made of extremely flimsy zinc. Screwing them into the stock usually strips the stock threads and mine broke pretty quickly.

TM's stock hop is cast better,so the arm doesn't move around much,but the adjustment mech design still applies uneven pressure no matter who makes it. TM has a very good hop up rubber,and screws are better quality.

The newer TM VSRs have crimped cylinders so they're a PITA to upgrade since you need to buy a new cylinder,head and guts too which can add up to 100 pounds more in upgrade expenses. That's the JG's main pro now.

• Root Admin

I don't think there's much disagreement here at all. If you're replacing everything (and I mean everything) then the BAR-10 will save you money and the external finish is slightly nicer.

If you're looking to keep it stock then TM is always the better option (but you're not). As far as I know, no one has said otherwise.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.