BB going to the left out of the barrel

danspratt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I bought my first AEG today, a G&G CM16 Raider. It shoots consistently in a tight grouping, but the BBs seem to go left a lot out of the barrel. My sights have to be trimmed all the way to the right in order to be accurate. Is this something that can be adjusted?

Thanks!

Guest RektnNekt

You probably have to adjust the hop up. Easy to do, it is located right behind the dust cover (see the picture below). Push the little black wheel thing up or down and keep adjusting it until your BB goes straight. My gun was similar.
http://imgur.com/9LIs6Ru

Thanks for the responses guys! I thought the hop up only adjusted how much the BB curved up? I am not tilting the gun at all. Just to clarify, the BB isnt "curving" left, its as the the barrel is pointed left out of the gun...

with the rear sight centred, the bb will hit 4-5 inches to the left of where im aiming, on a target 10 metres away.

Guest PT247

You are correct, hop will only remedy verticle steer.

Is the outter barrel fitted correctly? Has the gun been dropped?

• Supporters

So every shot is well left of your aiming point. It may be the inner barrel isn't aligned very well in the outer. This can be corrected with some careful, but very simple packing between the inner and outer. However before you get to that:

Just out of interest next time you are testing try turn the hop up slightly, does a curve become more pronounced? Repeat this, is it still getting more pronounced?

If so this may be your issue:

It can be a common issue in hop units for either a slight right or left bend to the flight of the bb. It's probably due to a twist of the hop unit or of the hop arm. The spin applied by the hop causes an off vertical spin. If the hop setup has been installed out of alignment what can happen is the hop rubber applies force to the top and slightly on to one side. The same can happen if the hop arm twists over when applying force on the bb, some units are notorious for it.

To be clear, ideally you want hop to only apply back spin with the axis remaining central. You do not want the bb spinning slightly left or right as it will impart the same aerodynamic principle that causes the bb to resist gravity for a little longer using back spin.

The gun is brand new, i bought it fresh today. So it shouldn't have been dropped (I know I haven't). I will test changing the amount of hop up tomorrow to see if it is that effecting it.

Ill report back my findings :)

Guest RektnNekt

Yeah I too thought the hop up didn't matter in the case of it going left and right. Mine used to fire slightly to the right, but after I messed about with the hop up, it seemed to fire straight. Hop up may have not been aligned properly and I might have just pushed it slightly back into place when doing that.

Was dissapointed this thread wasn't a 13 year old holding a glock side ways and wondering why he couldn't hit anything :(:lol: :lol:

Alas adjusting the hop at 10m isn't going to show a lot, its too close to start to the impact of it. But I suspect that taking the gun apart to the hop and inner barrel out, reseating the barrel in the bucking and hop chamber and replacing will likely fix it. My Combat machine came misaligned as well and I have seen a few people who also had this at my local site. It seems to be a common type of fault on G&G CMs.

Today i tried reducing hop to zero, it had no effect. I then tried dismantling the barrel and hop up unit, and putting it back together, its still exactly the same. :( not sure what to try next.

Look down the muzzle & chances are the barrel is pointing left

Put some insulation tape on the barrel from the muzzle to the hop & this should make it more central, failing that, buy a brass collar (the same in the hop up) & this will defo make the barrel central

I can guarantee the barrel is slightly banana shape if you roll it on a flat surface

Buy a new barrel combat machine barrels aren't very good anyway.

Today i tried putting the barrel in upside down to see if it fired right instead, but it maintained exactly the same hit point. Could the outer barrel be bent instead?

I don't want to take it back (i bought it from a shop 40 miles away), and its not that expensive, so worth trying to mend it in order to learn more about the internals of these sorts of guns :)

where would i get a new barrel that would fit?

• Root Admin

Call me sceptical but if this is your first gun and it cost £120-140 then how is that not expensive to you as a first time owner? You could just have posted it with ParcelForce for a tenner (so long as you state the contents). Are you sure this isn't a second hander?

just set the hop to zero and put the barrel in, seemed to work?

ive also now tried taking the 4 rail system off, and suddenly, it shoots dead straight with sights centred. The way the rails connect to the main body of the gun is not very well designed...

• Supporters

just set the hop to zero and put the barrel in, seemed to work?

ive also now tried taking the 4 rail system off, and suddenly, it shoots dead straight with sights centred. The way the rails connect to the main body of the gun is not very well designed...

But with no hop nub then the barrel is an open tube and the bb will just roll through. Also with no hop there is no spin applied so no stability to trajectory so checking accuracy is pointless.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived