SPEEDQB

monkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I guess the first question is, does anyone know what SpeedQB is? The current definition in a nutshell is as follows:

SpeedQB is a fast paced style of airsoft originally developed by Southern Californian airsoft team SYG Airsoft. SpeedQB is the polar opposite of "milsim" or military-simulation airsoft in that it is a teamwork-centric, aggressive, athleticism based, high-speed style of playing airsoft. SpeedQB foregoes the limitations of realism in exchange for creativity, efficiency, and originality.

Basically; competitive airsoft in an indoor environment. Multiple rounds being played, each lasting anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes.

I've been playing with SYG across the pond for the past few weeks and it's intense. So my question to the UK community would be; Would it take off on our side of the ocean? What venues would you see it played in?

So it's basically speedsoft.

Accidentally came across videos of it on YT before, being played in the Phillipines, and there are a lot of cheaters and stupid stuff going on.

Not to say the same would happen here though.

Looks similar to Halo Mill in that's it's small and a purpose built arena style and you have the opportunity to be fast paced and use tactics like that.

IMO it would be fun to play as a game mode but for me I'd rather just play ordinary airsoft and mix it up with elements of this.

Judging by the popularity of Halo Mill (although of course I would say advertising has played a key factor in the business - seemingly they have attracted a lot more newer players as, amongst other things, the site is conveniently open on weekdays) it probably would take off. I think it would be popular with younger players too, again because of the availability when compared to traditional airsoft and people thinking they need a lot of gear to start off etc.

Should mention I do prefer woodland skirmishes as opposed to indoor games at a place like Halo though.

Done some speedsoft/speedqb/whatever before, really enjoy it, if anything I liked it more then regular airsoft.

Does very much come down to who's playing though, if somebody cheats or acts like a dick it has a much more negative effect then in a normal game..

i think this could be worth a try, using indoor sites and having smaller faster paced games to break the traditional stalemate that inevitably always comes from big team games.

needs to be done properly tho, decent marshals, ammo limits, short games and maybe a tournament style of play with something at the end for the winner....

everyone seems to forget that variety is the spice of life and that airsoft in itself is a game that people shunned originally, just look at the current progression of weapons and technology, everyone seemed to hate PTW till they got used to them, everyone hated Polarstar until they saw that they are worth the minor hassle of carrying an air bottle and then there is milsim vs skirmishes, everyone seems to love one and hate the other......most people are set in their ways and sometimes need a push to try new things.

So it's basically CQB but people only get 1 'life'?

I could see UK CQB sites running regular events of it.

I'd definitely give it a go as it seems to match my CQB style perfectly (sprinting round with bare essentials of kit). However I'd still do normal CQB too as I enjoy the advantage vs the usual over-dressed/fed slow moving types.

Yes, it could be described as 'speedsoft' but dont in a much more controlled environment.

What I witnessed in the states was only the very well established teams competing properly, which also almost eradicated cheating. The main reason being, its not worth the potential damage it could do to your teams reputation if caught.

Very small spaces, 5on5, games lasting less than 2 minutes. Basic capture the flag. Fast, minimal gear needed and all you need is a reletively small space with some obstacles. Imagine mixing competitive paintball (yes I said it) into Airsoft.

Spice of life is bang on - mix it up a bit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.