Best 4x Acog?

Guest SquashyTundra6

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest SquashyTundra6

Hello everyone, I'm looking to replace my own acog with a better one - I got mine very cheap on ebay and whilst I love it, it does need upgraded. Can anyone recommend a decent airsoft acog sight?

Is the we tech version any good? Here's the link: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/we-wecog-4x32-dr-acog-sight.htm#.VY6uXHCkqrU

It might be a contender unless anyone says otherwise

Thanks!

What makes a decent airsoft ACOG ?

They are all replicas of the real thing.

I have one on my SCAR which works fine but only one in tne armoury, so cant compare.

Guest SquashyTundra6

Well something which has been made with a higher standard of quality control, something clear and isn't lopsided, good materials that won't be damaged too easily.

The one I have is angled in a strange way, the internal reticle is twisted to the right, anytime it's hit by a bb or if it is dropped the metal on it ends up looking like the T-1000 anytime it's shot at - so Ideally I just want a new sight that will rectify these issues

I only have one so cant comment on all the versions out there, but from what Ive seen, if you pay more than about £90 for an ACOG, they are usually decent quality.

This is the one I have.

http://gpairsoft-uk.com/shop/en/51361-gp-airsoft-acog-type-4x32-scope-gp035-for-airsoft-gun.html

The WE one seems quite decent, although Im not personally botheted about a doctor sight.

Guest SquashyTundra6

The G&P one is only £75, it seems to get good reviews and it looks like it is much better quality!

Personally, I quite like the red dot, however I have an element one I put on my current acog, so I can just swap it round.

Thanks very much, I think this is exactly what I was looking for

Guest SquashyTundra6

Well if it's lasted two years and still works alright then it should be good for £75. (Although knowing my luck it'll be £45 for postage or something stupid like that)

I tend to use a lens protector just, although for something like this I may look into the kill flash... Just to be extra safe

Guest SquashyTundra6

I had actually been looking at one of them originally, however I couldn't find a review on it anywhere and for something that looked so unique I thought I'd steer clear... However if you can vouch for it then I'll certainly give it a go, I do quite like the look of it!

I've already got a ris raiser, can't see a thing without one on an L85 haha

Thanks very much sp00n

• Supporters

No probs mate.

The only issues I have had is I couldn't find a Mount to fit a small DR sight, if I didn't turn the illuminated reticle off it drains the CR2032 battery, and keep the mount bolts nipped up lol

Guest SquashyTundra6

I suppose a dr mount like this is too big?

post-11179-0-85779200-1435446256_thumb.jpg

Alright, I can live with those small problems! I can get those batteries in packs of 6 in the pound shop of I find myself using the illuminated reticle often

It can be used without illumimation though can't it?

• Supporters

Believe it or not, the bridge that clamps onto the scope is too small.

Yeah it still works without batteries just isn't illuminated.

Guest SquashyTundra6

Too small? That is a suprise actually... Although it is very thin? I might see if I could modify it, ofcourse By the looks of it the fibre optic fromt sight appears to be too high for a doctor sight to work with anyway, so back up iron sights it is

Not a problem, as long as it isn't a holographic type reticle, then I'm quite happy to go ahead with it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.