We glock 17

Farley1981

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The hop on mine definitely works, isn't the most noticeable though. There are aftermarket parts available like a Madbull TBB, but from what I've heard there isn't much of a upgrade to warrant spending 20 quid on one.

You can buy replacement hop rubbers as well although tbh just giving the gun a good clean and using the optimum weight BB (probably .25s) does the most for performance.

And the hop rubber? If you look down the barrel (after clearing it and removing it!) Can you see the hop rubber being pushed into the bore?

I had the same with my WE 226.

The bucking's likely a stiff one, so it can't apply enough hop.

Replace it with a softer one & it should help somewhat.

I had the same with my WE 226.

The bucking's likely a stiff one, so it can't apply enough hop.

Replace it with a softer one & it should help somewhat.

Strange, the hop on my 228 (identical to yours) will just about lift a .30, if that's the case, do what I've done and put a couple hundred rounds through it on full hop to get it settled in

That could also work; providing you have somewhere to shoot. However I didn't have anywhere to fire the pistol except on site; by which time it would have been too late. :(

I think it's just down to WEs quality control. Some will come through fine, others are sadly lacking.

Nowhere to shoot? Set up your duvet as a makeshift bb trap and fire over your bed. It works for me and I've loaded every mag for my g5 to put enough rounds through it after I gave the bolt carrier internals some love and the fps shot up way over the site limit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.