The cheapest -/+0.01mm BBs

MxHaze

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As title, what are they?

All Ive ever used is devils, but theyre expensive (£17 for 3k .3s) so I recently tried normal blasters but i wasnt sure if theyre were as good, or whether it was just psychological.

Either way is there a cheaper brand that do 5.95mm -/+0.01mm?

I wouldnt be asking if most sites actually had the tolerance information

Cheers

From them, at bullseye country sport. The ones i bought two weeks ago were about 80p dearer a bottle (just under £17)

The nuprols seem to be a few quid cheaper, but no website i use has the tolerance info for them. does anyone know if theyre .01 or .02 etc

Thanks esoterick, that kinda echos what ive already heard.

the surgeons do work out cheaper, but with the 6quid postage from redwolf, theyre more expensive unless i get £150 worth.

And the one bag of 3s on ebay are 23.50!!!

• Supporters

I know so many people that have had feed issues with Nuprol BBs I'd not use them if I was given them for free.

Nuprol bbs are crap I have a bottle of 0.25 tracers and they feed awfully. Biggest problem is I am playing at the mall the weekend and wont have time to get any blasters from Socom.

Based on the tests for diameter and weight I have seen no manufacturers can claim even remotely +- 0.01 on their BBs, they aren't even close to that sort of tolerance. Its the same garbage as the whole tight bore barrel measurements where really its all about how straight it is and how well its finished, the genuine thickness of the bore in this very small amounts doesn't have an impact. With BBs its all about weight and bubble consistency.

My own experience is that I don't notice any real difference in game between blasters and devils in any of the guns I have. I have seen a difference on paper at 10m with aimed shots, and it might be worth the difference of a 2cm v a 2.5cm group but that isn't actually all that much. I have been using Nuprol 0.30g BBs recently and they have been OK but the devils are definitely better quality even at that weight.

My advice 3 months ago was that you need to find BBs that work well in your gun because each one appears to like different ammo, my KWA pistol likes ASG 0.25g BBs my tar 21 likes Devil 0.30g and my G&G T4-18 likes G&G PBSP 0.25g BBs. They all perform better with different weights and different ammo manufacturers so really I think you just have to try a few different things and see how they feed and how they perform before you know what your gun will tolerate and works best with.

Like i said i dont know if i saw any difference between blasters and devils, they feed the same but when you get the odd flyer, i wonder if it would've done the same if i were using slightly dearer ammo.

Ive bought a 3k nuprol, ill try em out, they might be amazing in mine. Who knows.

Off topic but seeing as its my thread, could someone tell me what soft/hard nub material actually caters for? is it the weight of bb or muzzle velocity? Or both. im asking as theres only the soft fireflys left at eagle6 and google is just giving me results about buckings!

Or even better does anyone know if you can get the namazu in the uk?

Im about to click buy at ampedairsoft and i want to know im doing the right thing!

• Supporters

Like i said i dont know if i saw any difference between blasters and devils, they feed the same but when you get the odd flyer, i wonder if it would've done the same if i were using slightly dearer ammo.

Ive bought a 3k nuprol, ill try em out, they might be amazing in mine. Who knows.

Off topic but seeing as its my thread, could someone tell me what soft/hard nub material actually caters for? is it the weight of bb or muzzle velocity? Or both. im asking as theres only the soft fireflys left at eagle6 and google is just giving me results about buckings!

Or even better does anyone know if you can get the namazu in the uk?

Im about to click buy at ampedairsoft and i want to know im doing the right thing!

Heavier the bb harder the nub.

If you want a flat nub from eagle six order the prometheus flat nubs. You get a soft blue nub and a harder black nub.

Use the blue up to 0.28 and then change to black. 0.4g use black with the metal pin added, you need to get the pin seperately.

What bucking are you using?

Yeah i did look at those prommy nubs but after a bit of yt and general forum research the firefly seems to be favoured. i thought it was only firefly nubs that accepted a roller bar and on amped the namazu comes with the pin.

Currently using a g&g green, didnt plan on changing it until it split but i might get the prommy purple just as a spare incase i have trouble turning the green inside out.

Im using a prowin and prommy .03 too.

Do you use the prometheus nubs? The problem is one video, the guy will be raving about X and the next video or post will be why X is terrible.

• Supporters

If your flat hopping the prommy nubs are fine no real difference between the two.

Order a set of flat and a set of bridged as well and see what works best for you.

Yes I use prommy flat sometimes and I have tried firefly but in general prefer prommy.

Firesupport have the firefly in stock at the moment they just came in.

Well ive gone for a promy bridged and a purple, thinking that the bridged might be more gentle on the bucking

i cant wait to see what see what problems i run into getting it to fire. if anything at least this should give me a benchmark to test the firefly against when i get it.

I appreciate the advice guys, thanks

I use Zero One BB's - if you buy a case of ten it works out about £11.50 per 5k rounds (.25) including postage etc.

• Supporters

Well ive gone for a promy bridged and a purple, thinking that the bridged might be more gentle on the bucking

i cant wait to see what see what problems i run into getting it to fire. if anything at least this should give me a benchmark to test the firefly against when i get it.

I appreciate the advice guys, thanks

You need to shave the internal hump off the bucking and turn it to work properly with the bridged nubs. They are a version of flat hop. Try it on a cheap bucking then do the prommy one when you know what your doing.

You need to shave the internal hump off the bucking and turn it to work properly with the bridged nubs. They are a version of flat hop. Try it on a cheap bucking then do the prommy one when you know what your doing.

Im trying it with the green first. Ive shaved off the ridge and hump, slight trimmed the nub to suit the window. Put it all together and its not firing as i 100000% expected to happen. ive also noticed somewhere along the line ive lost the hop sring the pushes the unit back against the gearbox so I thought maybe the mag / feed tube alinement was out, but upside down and manually loading a bb with teezers, it still doesn't fire. the bucking lips dont seem to be pretruding into the feed tube and pinching the bb so i dont know whats going on.

• Supporters

Im trying it with the green first. Ive shaved off the ridge and hump, slight trimmed the nub to suit the window. Put it all together and its not firing as i 100000% expected to happen. ive also noticed somewhere along the line ive lost the hop sring the pushes the unit back against the gearbox so I thought maybe the mag / feed tube alinement was out, but upside down and manually loading a bb with teezers, it still doesn't fire. the bucking lips dont seem to be pretruding into the feed tube and pinching the bb so i dont know whats going on.

That spring is very important it pushes your hop on to the air nozzle, if its not doing that then you will have issues. Find the spring or you can try packing it out to test but you definitely need a spring to use it properly.

Ive fitted it without the spring for now, i will have to get a new one as i think i lost it last time i took it apart just never noticed so its long gone now, but there doesnt seem to be any play in the hop unit with out it, even applying slight forward pressure with my finger from in the mag well, it wont go forward at all. But like i say ill order a new one if i can find it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.