which starter gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all

been on here a while, and been wanting to start for ages now, but finally got a bit of cash and some time,

and ive looked at buying over rental.. so i had a budjet of 100 quid for something second hand, that can either do as a spare when i get a ukara and buy something nice, or as something to sell cheap onto another starter

ive been offered 2 decent sounding deals both locally to me

first CM16 Raider with 2mags and a battery for 100 quid

or a Classic Army G36 with 6 High Caps, battery and charger for 100 quid again

Local Site will be spec Ops Rock or bloxworth in dorset

just asking really which of the two would be the best pick

^ this, 4 extra mags and the charger a definite plus, although kudos to you if you manage to use more than a couple hicaps in one game :)

Guest RektnNekt

I've always loved the G36 series - it has always been my 'go to' gun.

I have a G36 (I've had two actually, I bought one for skirmishing, and a second as a backup. I've never needed a back up though, but I gave the one I used to skirmish to a mate) but I've just bought a CM16 (it was a really good deal) from somebody - reason being is the whole customization thing. I've found that a lot of things I wanted for the G36 were either near enough always out of stock in the UK, stupidly expensive (compared to the same item, just built for a different gun such as the M series), or available cheaply on evike (but then shipping and tax ruins that). It is, however, a good, solid gun. I have the SRC one myself, but I think a decent G36 shares those traits. The collapsible stock is a plus if you're in a CQB area. Not sure what model you've been offered, but the G36C I have has a long top rail, and then three rails on the hand guard - some models don't seem to have the front rails, particularly the longer versions, because it'd be more impractical to use them I guess. So if you love your attachments, the G36C is a good model. Very, very easy to take apart. So yes, the G36 is a good starter weapon in my opinion - I am happy it was my first rifle. I am, however, selling it on the forums here (for £100 - it works absolutely flawlessly) but it seems the one you've been offered has a better deal. I've used a CA and a TM G36 - obviously the TM being the best, but I did like my SRC over the CA. It just felt nicer to use if I am honest. If you're going to buy either of those guns, then ask a load of questions and make sure that there are no problems - don't wanna get your first rifle and realise it isn't what you wanted.

Now, I bought a CM16 as I said because of the wider variety of UK stock and because you can get some pretty cool handguards and whatnot which fit different purposes. I haven't received it yet (posted yesterday), but from the pictures I've been sent, it seems to be exactly what I am looking for in terms of customization. I just wish the G36 had these options. As for a first rifle, I'd still pick the G36 over a CM16, but that is just my preference.

That was all just my opinion on the matter, but I hope it helps. If you are interested in my G36 then just shoot me a message, comes with battery, charger, couple thousand BBs and a hi cap - it is, as I said, working flawlessly and has no issues with it (mechanically or aesthetically) - it hasn't seen a skirmish yet. Also, it is UKARA compliant (not some bright colour which sticks out anywhere you go though, it has a transparent receiver which doesn't look bad at all). It has only one hi cap mag, but the standard hi caps are fairly cheap and I doubt you'd be needing too many of those anyway. They hold stupid amounts of BBs so you won't have to worry about running out of ammo. Things only start getting expensive and hard to find if you want something like an actual PMAG (not the knock offs). Well, there goes my quick sales pitch anyway, but good luck on getting your first rifle!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for your reply.. so only just got on to reply

But I now own a g36.. really good deal 6 hi caps.. one so far doesn't work but not the end of the world

Also has a h&k pro silencer and has been fitted with a precision barrel of some description

Giving it a proper test tomorrow but the test shots I had it went really well great range and straight line of fire

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.