Upgrading le gun

Kalex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all, I was wondering what upgrades people would suggest for a G&P M4 that is stock. Tried selling it to no avail so think I'ma keep it and start doing it up, only things that I know really are is that it has a M120 high speed motor and is back wired to large tamiya.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

What specifically do you want to improve about you gun's performance? Range? Accuracy? Rate of fire?

Most people will stay away from buying a second hand gun that's been upgraded by the previous owner. This is because a lot of the time people don't know what they're doing in regards to upgrading and most times mess the gun up badly.

If you really want to shift it, why not just re-list it at a more reasonable price?

More range and accuracy tbh, it's already got the rate of fire that I need. I was thinking new hop unit + rubber along with TBB but I have no idea where to begin and maybe change the piston out for a metal toothed one, was just hoping someone with a bit of experience with these kinds of guns could point me in the right direction.

Yeah I know, luckily the only work I had done to it was a new gearbox installed by a techie, just waiting for the chance of the weekly update so I can drop the price a bit, don't want to be losing too much on something that is near enough brand new

I wouldn't bother with a lot of upgrades unless you really need em! Range and accuracy is always good to improve though. Yeah new hop up unit and bucking / rubber whatever you call it. Prometheus, G&G Green, TM are good for the latter. If you're upgrading the barrel, quality is more important than length - but it's an expensive part to replace, £30+ at least and double that for one of the better ones and probably has less of an affect compared to the hop.

Doing regular maintenance, using quality and the optimum weight BBs makes a lot of difference so not even any need to spend money swapping out parts.

AFAIK piston / cylinder etc is just improving reliability / life span. Not much of an effect on performance. That said if it's lighter (DIY known as 'swiss-cheesing') could help for a high ROF build etc but that's about it

Yeah I don't need many upgrades for the moment, more of saving for a RIS rail, and stuff for that, I know that G&P Pistons aren't exactly the best so was looking into that but had no idea what I was meant to be looking at buying to be honest, rather take preventative measures on that now to be honest haha.

To be fair when it comes to internals it's like handing a cave man an iPad with me.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.