Face protection for those who wear glasses.

DaktariT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking for the ideal protection for my bro. He is unable to wear contacts due to abnormal problems with his eyes and is refusing to join me on the field as he has had bad experiences with paintball facehuggers many years ago.

PLEASE HELP, HE NEEDS THIS CHANCE TO SHOOT PEOPLE TO DISTRESS.

Thanks in advance.

If your brother has a slender set of glasses then they may fit under something like the Nuprol goggles. A friend of mine played using that for 2 days and while not super comfortable it did work. I can't recommend trying to seal in glasses in full seal goggles, you'll fog within seconds and in my experience its unusable.

You can buy ESS ICE safety glasses and you can get prescription lenses for them, i haven't got them yet but i'm planning to get a pair this summer to try it out.]

And I know what you mean, went to a skirmish a few months back and the rental face mask squeezed my glasses in and most of the time i couldn't see shit unless the enemy stuck out like a sore thumb.

I have tried lens inserts, they were all a disaster for fogging. Full seal can be bad on its own but I got prescription inserts made for my bolle Raiders (awful) and for my Desert Locusts with a fan, neither was even remotely usable. The ones in the locust I even had made specially with anti fog coating and out of polycarbonate and they were still dreadful. I just don't think having tried it with 2 completely different solutions its viable.

Only goggles I know will fit glasses underneath are Bolle PILOT / PILOPSI goggles. My dad has to wear em and hasn't found any others which fit.

They're from the safety range though so don't look very tactical and are bright orange underneath.

• Root Admin

Go with some goggles, prescription inserts and a lower-face mesh mask (or whatever you prefer).

Here ya go (too lazy to write it all again):

You don't even need him to be frank. Go to any high street optician and get a free test (or use your current prescription) then go to pretty much any online reglazing shop and send in your inserts. Plenty of companies do inserts for loads of their goggles - I use ESS V12s. I think with the goggles, inserts and scratch resistant/anti-glare, thin lenses I paid about 80 quid. All in all it took about 20 minutes of clicking to do online.

1. Find some goggles you like the look of
2. Find inserts that fit them (the majority of the top brands make their own for their goggles and glasses and they cost about £10-20)
3. Send off the inserts to a re-glazing shop like GlassesDirect with your prescription attached
4. Wait for the post to arrive (mine took a week)

I too went to Tactical optician, but I didn't like the selection of goggles and thought many to be rather overpriced. It's a professional service I'm sure, but reglazing frames isn't rocket science, and so long as you've got your pupillary distance as a part of your prescription (which all highstreet retailers will provide to you if you need it, and you can even do it yourself if required) then you'll be golden and save a bunch of cash.

Couldn't be happier with mine. Haven't had a single issue with them.

Correct. I used Glasses Direct but there are many others out there. You will need a hard copy of your prescription (in the form it was given to you by Specsavers or Boots or whoever). The instructions are here.

You'll get your prescription back as soon as they authenticate it (which only takes a few days).

There are loads of them. The V12s were issued to British troops but in true MOD style far too many sets were ordered. You can find them in various conditions between £10-25. Something like this set* comes with the interchangeable lenses.

As for the inserts, you want the ESS VICE RXs; they can be had for about £10 from here*. Additionally, don't worry about removing the sample lenses from the ESS inserts - they'll do that for you. In fact, it's safer if you don't as they'll maintain their shape in the post.

*Please do your own searching too. I only spent 2 minutes finding those listings and they may not be the best option.

• Supporters

Only goggles I know will fit glasses underneath are Bolle PILOT / PILOPSI goggles. My dad has to wear em and hasn't found any others which fit.

They're from the safety range though so don't look very tactical and are bright orange underneath.

You want these oneshttp://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bolle-Tactical-X1000-Goggles-RX-Model-Gear/p/4/2/6236/

they are nice goggles but quite expensive (i know you shouldnt put a price on eyesight)

the bolle pilots are bright, but are only around a tenner, think i might get those and see how i get on with them before splashing out more, just hope they dont fog up too badly

• Supporters

they are nice goggles but quite expensive (i know you shouldnt put a price on eyesight)

the bolle pilots are bright, but are only around a tenner, think i might get those and see how i get on with them before splashing out more, just hope they dont fog up too badly

If you can live with the colour then yeah the industrial ones are cheaper but still properly impact rated.

To be honest though, if fifty quid seems too expensive - you may have picked the wrong hobby....

If you can live with the colour then yeah the industrial ones are cheaper but still properly impact rated.

To be honest though, if fifty quid seems too expensive - you may have picked the wrong hobby....

i hear you mate, but as i am just starting out i dont really want to throw loads into it, i am still testing the waters so to speak

also have a hard time justifying the expense to the missus at the moment, but if i do go regular and love the hobby this will get easier (i hope lol)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.