Not taking hits?

Standbystandby

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes and said person was warned about his usage of the ROF last Sunday and generally played like a spoilt child all day whinging every time he was hit it seemed.

Horrible things, airsoft weapons are meant to be more representative of real firearms, HPA that allows 30 rounds per second isnt representative in my view and should stay with paintball.

Alright guys, calm down.

There was a good article on why P* guns are perceived as hitting harder in one of the Airsoft magazines, I'll see if I can find it but it was along the lines that due to the way they work HPA users tend to use heavier ammo which through the joy of conservation of momentum has more of the kinetic energy it's imparted with still left when it makes contact. Thing is though it's STILL only 1J (especially at the Mall due to their strict FPS enforcement).

Generally I don't have an issue with anyone using an HPA gun. If they want to lug a tank of air along with everything else then hey, that's their problem. The one in use at the Mall however is set up with a ROF like a sewing machine and THAT I do have an issue with. But then I have an issue with that regardless of the gun or how it's powered.

Muzzle creep you mean? There is a decent thread on it here somewhere

Horrible things, airsoft weapons are meant to be more representative of real firearms, HPA that allows 30 rounds per second isnt representative in my view and should stay with paintball.

It's a choice by the player to have a high ROF though. I'm surprised that people don't argue consent - that is that if people don't consent to a ROF above 30, then it's off. Afterall, if not for consent (as a defence to ABH) we'd have no sport.

If you're wondering why 30 rps, if a person wields two 15 rps guns it's hard to call that "unrealistic/impossible".

• Supporters

Yes and said person was warned about his usage of the ROF last Sunday and generally played like a spoilt child all day whinging every time he was hit it seemed.

Never understood why people want such a rate of fire unless its a support weapon. At the end of the day its only the first one that hits that counts so if 10 more follow it someone is just being a dick. I mainly use semi auto and if I do use full auto then its programmed to burst fire anyway.

As for hitting harder dont think thats down to propulsion just down to a well set up gun. If your hop is set too high then the bb loses momentum quicker because of excessive back spin, I reckon 75% of airsoft guns have this problem.

• Supporters

I'd actually rather have a lower rate of fire on my LMG as it gets through a hell of a lot of ammo, although I also "only" have 1200 round box mags. I think the only way you can remotely suppress people in Airsoft is to more or less constantly fire as people will shoot back as soon as you stop.

I do like it when people are blatantly not taking their hits though as you can give them a couple of chances to take it before finding out how much of a box mag they will endure before putting their hand up. I think the record is 5 or so seconds continuous fire.

I hope that wasn't the usual polastar guy who's there often (his polastar doesn't have a front RIS section, just receiver and straight into silencer), as he's always been really really well mannered and very sensible about dishing out ROF when I've been there.

My experience is the difference in hurt comes entirely from weight of BB and distance, whatever method used to push it out the barrel is irrelevant.

Airsoft weapons being representitive of real firearms is another thing that's 'in your mind'. A very common sentiment, but not the founding principals of airsoft or anything (seems the Japs just wanted to shoot each other in a non-lethal manner). Perhaps the founding principal of milsim.

I got an AEG that does 25-30rps depending on whether use lipo or not. I put it in a thundermall so people can be certain it's not realistic ;)

There's plenty good uses for high ROF other than overkill. As for restrictions etc, in my mind if i shouldn't be allowed a gun that can spray 30rps across a group of people and hit them all a couple times at once with it, then they shouldn't be allowed to all turn round at once and pepper the feck outta me with 5 guns at 15rps either!

All comes down to how you use it, perfectly easy to be an overkill whiny dick with a entry level AEG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.