Not taking hits?

Standbystandby

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's what I don't get, I call it straight away to stop the pain! XD

• Head Moderator

Having only used rentals to date and taken all my hits (must have re-spawned 30+ times in my first skirmish), I would be more inclined to say it can be some of those players in full plate carrier/kit who do not feel the hit. I have never noticed any post game welts other than on my arms and legs, where it is definitely stings in game when hit.

Actually found the rental/noobs to be pretty good at epsom theh tend to turn up in thin jumpers and trousers so they know when they have been pinged seeing as epsom is also full auto cqb you tend to get a yelp and screamno chance of denying a hit on that.

Last week though a veteran was not only bullet proof he also ignored tbe rules of where you could and couldnt go claimed he was hiding in a room which 5 of us swept so had to have come from the tunnel not in use to get behind us

Bit frustrating but when we got our chance 5 people with full auto made it all better

I find it frustrating at the Mall as I always run a tracer and can SEE THEM BOUNCING OFF YOU, YOU UTTER C*NT...sorry had to let that out. Better now

• Supporters

I find it frustrating at the Mall as I always run a tracer and can SEE THEM BOUNCING OFF YOU, YOU UTTER C*NT...sorry had to let that out. Better now

I have exactly the same problem there. Its the double edged sword of tracers, its good to see what your hitting but twice as irritating when they dont call it. I do find though that most people if I point out nicely that they had been hit tend to take it and go back to regen. If they dont then I aim for the parts they cant ignore.

• Supporters

I have exactly the same problem there. Its the double edged sword of tracers, its good to see what your hitting but twice as irritating when they dont call it. I do find though that most people if I point out nicely that they had been hit tend to take and go back to regen. If they dont then I aim for the parts they cant ignore.

I often wonder what is happening when someone doesn't take their hit. Guess it depends on the player as i've told a mate once or twice he has been hit in the past year or so as I heard it but i'd assume he didn't and i'm confident he wouldn't shrug a hit off if he was aware of it.

On Sunday I heard the distinct noise of a shot hitting a chaps chest rig, he didn't take it but took the second shot. Later that day a player rushed me, lacing up the cover I was behind but missed me, he then hit the ground 5-10 metres away from me. I put my rifle on the ground, drew my pistol and fired a few rounds and hear the sound of one hitting fabric(almost certainly on his calf for reference). I heard no call of "hit!" so I said "mate I heard that hit you" at which point he took the hit.

I think the thing to note is that we all miss the odd hit. I've had two instances since I started of a marshal telling me I was hit when I wasn't aware of it(although one I am almost certain it hit another play, but I took it without question anyway) - What I mean is give the player the benefit of the doubt unless it's consistent

One thing that does concern me is the rise of recording game footage. Fine in itself but when the footage is used as a witch hunt it all becomes very iffy.

I played a game recently where we were told that a sniper had footage of a player not taking hits and if they ID'ed the player they would be banned. Issue with this is that you don't know if it is a case of a player neither hearing nor feeling the shot and also I'm sure I am not the only one that has jumped as a shot whizzes by them which could be misconstrued as flinching(you will reflexively move away from the direction of the shot as if you were hit)

I am actually quite concerned that jumping when you are taken by surprise could be taken as conclusive proof that, actually you flinched and as such are a cheat.

I am all for politely telling people they have been hit though. It's something that is only sensible to do within earshot so you aren't shouting across a field. It all depends on how you phrase it, and bizarrely the only time I have had the player disagree is when I saw multiple BBs bounce off them at close range. At that point it meant they have hit me by blatantly cheating so I just take the hit and carry on with the rest of my day.

• Head Moderator

At UCAP Bunker tonight I was fragged 3 times by pyro in different spots, all very close as my ears were ringing, and no question of being hit. I did manage to see one land, screamed "grenade" as I ran behind cover, but I still checked with the marshal to make sure that I had escaped and luckily had. Then almost immediately took a head shot which I heard bounce off my fast helmet, se la guerre.

At one point I was stood in re-spawn with fogged up goggles chatting to a marshal and he was firing a rifle at a player who was not taking his hits, but as it was at the end of the night did not take any further action apart from putting a few more test shots into him.

I will echo the statements regarding clothing... at one game there was a player wearing a large, heavy leather jacket; he ended up taking it off at one point because he just couldn't feel his hits.

At one CQB site I frequent which is single shot only, I rounded a corner and fired at a player who was a known 'teflon warrior' - we both shot, which should have been a 50/50, but he refused to take his hits stating I was dry firing. Sadly the nearby marshal didn't see my shots so couldn't call it. This situation was soon remedied after I respawned as he was still in the same place and got the Boomstick; there is no way he could deny that firing, as it is normally loaded with a 168 round moscart shell ;)

Dry firing happens more than people realise. Poked my head round a corner at the Mall and thank god the guy dry fired is all I can say....

A big part of it is that people dont realise that the basic ballistic charateristics of a 6mm BB does not equate to a 5.56mm or 7.62mm round from an assault rifle and that generally they miss quite badly. Couple that with most non military not having a clue how to shoot properly and you have a lot of people thinking they hit and don't. I also think that generally as people are so caught up in what they are shooting at/doing it takes them a few seconds for the brain to realise they have been hit, probably the adrenaline kicking in.

Case in point, I rushed a bloke with a P* at the Mall on Sunday (I mean really you take a P* to a tight CQB environment? Cockwomble), very first game very first life he couldnt believe he hadnt hit me as I came in the room, but I sure as hell would have felt it from that thing.

Case in point, I rushed a bloke with a P* at the Mall on Sunday (I mean really you take a P* to a tight CQB environment? Cockwomble), very first game very first life he couldnt believe he hadnt hit me as I came in the room, but I sure as hell would have felt it from that thing.

Why? Because somehow they defy physics?

• Supporters

No, because it hits harder cos its HPA.

How do you work that out? 350fps is 350fps, doesn't matter what propels the BB. It could be flung by magical airsoft fairies hiding in the barrel and as long as it passes chrono it's exactly the same as a bog standard G&G as far as power goes.

• Supporters

How do you work that out? 350fps is 350fps, doesn't matter what propels the BB. It could be flung by magical airsoft fairies hiding in the barrel and as long as it passes chrono it's exactly the same as a bog standard G&G as far as power goes.

It cant be flung by magical airsoft fairies because TM has them all in indentured labour.

Dry firing happens more than people realise. Poked my head round a corner at the Mall and thank god the guy dry fired is all I can say....

A big part of it is that people dont realise that the basic ballistic charateristics of a 6mm BB does not equate to a 5.56mm or 7.62mm round from an assault rifle and that generally they miss quite badly. Couple that with most non military not having a clue how to shoot properly and you have a lot of people thinking they hit and don't. I also think that generally as people are so caught up in what they are shooting at/doing it takes them a few seconds for the brain to realise they have been hit, probably the adrenaline kicking in.

Definitely wasn't dry firing; I was using my little AEP and saw the BB's bounce of him - even demonstrated to the marshal that I wasn't dry firing, but as I said, because the marshal didn't see it he couldn't call it. I wasn't the only person he stated was dry firing when they were shooting him...

HPA to my mind hits harder because there are no leaks etc all and its 350 FPS all the time whereas a Gas Gun may vary HPA won't. It certainly felt harder hitting on Sunday,

HPA to my mind hits harder because there are no leaks etc all and its 350 FPS all the time whereas a Gas Gun may vary HPA won't. It certainly felt harder hitting on Sunday,

That's a very crude way of looking at it, lot more than leaks can affect shot consistency. But I doubt you were shot with a 350 fps HPA gun at the mall.

• Supporters

That's a very crude way of looking at it, lot more than leaks can affect shot consistency. But I doubt you were shot with a 350 fps HPA gun at the mall.

It was chronod on the day so it would have been 340 at the most. I know the guy in question and he's generally very good about hits etc.

As for an HPA hitting harder? It's just not true. 1J muzzle energy is the same regardless of motive power, FPS or BB weight.

• Supporters

None of my AEGs vary by more than 5fps per shot, that's less than 2% difference in power output at the muzzle, which is not unusual.

Your perception that HPA guns hit harder is 100% in your head, once the BB leaves the barrel the method that was used to push it out is entirely irrelevant.

Yes, if you reread the post it said 'to my mind' which would indicate my own prejudice

Yes and I am acknowledging my prejudice, whats your point? You werent there you didnt get hit by the P*, I did. It felt harder to my perception, end of story.

The issue on whether or not the f8cking things should even be allowed is another issue.....especially somewhere like the Mall

• Supporters

Alright guys, calm down.

There was a good article on why P* guns are perceived as hitting harder in one of the Airsoft magazines, I'll see if I can find it but it was along the lines that due to the way they work HPA users tend to use heavier ammo which through the joy of conservation of momentum has more of the kinetic energy it's imparted with still left when it makes contact. Thing is though it's STILL only 1J (especially at the Mall due to their strict FPS enforcement).

Generally I don't have an issue with anyone using an HPA gun. If they want to lug a tank of air along with everything else then hey, that's their problem. The one in use at the Mall however is set up with a ROF like a sewing machine and THAT I do have an issue with. But then I have an issue with that regardless of the gun or how it's powered.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.