Urgent advice needed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi. Hope you guys are all doing well.

I am about to purchase a new AEG for the first time but have little to no background experience.

I have my eyes on these guns to which the links are as follows:

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/549/2-TONE-GUNS-PRO/466/2-TONE-AEG-PRO/1477/SR36C-G36-GEN3-AEG

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/549/2-TONE-GUNS-PRO/466/2-TONE-AEG-PRO/1468/SRC-M4-RIS-AEG-OG

What are your views and is there a better AEG rifle on this website (or any other) around the same price?
You wouldn't exactly know my preferences but I specifically look for power and range with more FPS. To be able to hit a competitor or an object from a long distance without compromising speed and accuracy as well as in Close Quarter Combat (CQC).

Your views, guidance and any links to your preferred airsoft gun will be much appreciated.

Oh, and I will be nearly 20 years old this July so I am over 18 :D

Thank You.

for £190 you can buy a MUCH better gun then that,

for example I just bought a new Ak74 with full steel and wood furniture for £130 that will out perform that thing at everything.

If youre 20 I woudl advice gettign a UKARA by renting a gun then looking ot buy. dont buy ANYTHING from those type of websites, theyre con merchants

This is advice any smart person on this forum will give you, you can take it or leave it, its up to you.

Stay away from Just BB Guns, BB Guns 4 Less and any other website that claim their bright orange guns under £100 are completely skirmishable.

for £190 you can buy a MUCH better gun then that,

for example I just bought a new Ak74 with full steel and wood furniture for £130 that will out perform that thing at everything.

If youre 20 I woudl advice gettign a UKARA by renting a gun then looking ot buy. dont buy ANYTHING from those type of websites, theyre con merchants

DON'T BUY THOSE!!!!!

Look for G&G Combat Machine guns on Zero One, Pro Airsoft or anywhere else that sell them. You will need to have it two toned but most places will do that for free or at worst a small charge.

DO NOT buy from websites with "BB Guns" in the name, they're all rubbish. Particularly that one.

This is advice any smart person on this forum will give you, you can take it or leave it, its up to you.

Stay away from Just BB Guns, BB Guns 4 Less and any other website that claim their bright orange guns under £100 are completely skirmishable.

For those prices you can get a nice G&G.

Thank you for your replies. I was just about to place an order but was was not able to decide which one to go for so I have stopped everything now.

I will solely rely on in this forum (specifically this thread) for any decisions as you are more expert and knowledgeable. I have checked the Zero one website and it is amazing so far.

And I am not intending on getting a UKARA licence at the moment. I was just interested in professional airsoft guns which I do not mind in two tone. I am spending a large amount (Aprox: £220 max) from my point of view so I want to make sure it has all the qualities.

Any links guys?

Thank You very much. Much appreciated.

Thank you for your replies. I was just about to place an order but was was not able to decide which one to go for so I have stopped everything now.

I will solely rely on in this forum (specifically this thread) for any decisions as you are more expert and knowledgeable. I have checked the Zero one website and it is amazing so far.

And I am not intending on getting a UKARA licence at the moment. I was just interested in professional airsoft guns which I do not mind in two tone. I am spending a large amount (Aprox: £220 max) from my point of view so I want to make sure it has all the qualities.

Any links guys?

Thank You very much. Much appreciated.

Yeah I wouldnt bother either, too expensive and hard to find. Only one place I know has them in stock ;)

There's no such thing as a UKARA Licence. It's a scheme set up by retailers to provide skirmishers a defence so they can buy RIF's. Calling it a Licence is easier, but taboo because it's considered the first step towards us actually having to get licences .

if you dont mind me asking, what do you plan on using the rifle for if youre not interested in getting a defence so you can buy a RIF ?

Yes sure. You can ask whatever you wish. I would like to buy just for the fun of it. And mostly target shooting. Three weeks ago, I went paintballing with my friends and I loved it very much but I initially had interest in airsoft and paintballing anyways. Proper skirmish battles interest me a lot but I do not have much time in my hands (I am applying for maths this yeat at universities so have to prepare for entry tests and revise further maths bla bla bla)

I am willing to spend around £220 give or take so that is why I want to make sure I get the best I can in this price range. Hence my effort in research and browsing the forums.

All you have to do to get ukara is play 3 games in no less than 2 months. Shouldn't cost you anything except for the price of the skirmishes which you would do anyway. You can always get a two tone and then paint it a proper colour once you get ukara anyway. After a while you won't want to be rocking a two tone.

I recommend either a g&g combat machine as a starter gun around £130 OR Jg g36c around the same. Depends on what style you like.

• Supporters

G&G M4's are what you want

Zero One & a G&G Raider - tough decision the long or short barrel version ?

2-tone is free of charge - most places charge for 2-toning

or if you are one of those people that MUST have a metal M4

(even though the polymer abs G&G Combat Machines are the dogz nutz)

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

now you have to pay a bit for the two-tone but they do a nice snake-skin 2-tone on this full metal mofo

Those are my 2 top choices for buying a 2-tone starter M4

if you get ukara'd as we say - then you can go nutz on an all black or tan Realistic Imitation Firearm....

But be warned buying these rif toys can get very addictive but there is 2 great 2-tone starters for you

If im reading it right he wishes to skirmish but hasnt got enough time to dedicate fully to the sport. And as we know its cheaper to take part with your own gear and saves on needing to book if 9pm on a friday you suddenly think "i fancey an airsoft game this weekend" if an rif isnt a big concern for you then buying a decent two tone still serves you well id say.

No problem. Your money. Just be advised that IMHO people usually get bored of plinking after a while, especially as airsoft rifles are not that accurate or powerful for target shooting. Assuming that you then want to go skirmishing you might regret having a two tone.

You only need to play three x day games for UKARA which takes about two months and many universities have skirmish teans or clubs.

Why not just get an air rifle?

Well, somebody could get hurt if misused. I know proper AEG airsofts can hurt but not to the extent at which air rifle does. I will be using it for fun anyways.

So airsoft rifles are not that accurate in general? Not speaking relatively.

• Supporters

agreed 2-tone G&G might be just a stepping stone if you get into it

but if a newcomer stays or quits after 6, 12, 18 months.....

Raider £123 plus battery charger etc.....

(now if the battery/charger sourced seperately and say bought 2 x batteries - 7.4v lipo's could save money)

But anyway - say for arguments sake £175 all in cost of gun n battery charger

OP quits or gets ukara and thinks flog Raider.....

£100 quick sale all in or maybe a bit more light skirmish use and hardly used ???

3 x hire guns would of cost him about £25 a pop = £75 to get ukara'd

now op would be f*cked with some "BB" guns - if they lasted that long

but a Raider should hold up well and hold its value a bit or be worth keeping as spare backup gun

so perhaps a 2-tone G&G is a worthy consideration even if user might get ukara'd and go for a RIF later on

(well I think it ain't unwise - but another crappy aeg gun from BB sites is deffo not a wise long term investment)

G&G M4's are what you want

Zero One & a G&G Raider - tough decision the long or short barrel version ?

2-tone is free of charge - most places charge for 2-toning

or if you are one of those people that MUST have a metal M4

(even though the polymer abs G&G Combat Machines are the dogz nutz)

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

now you have to pay a bit for the two-tone but they do a nice snake-skin 2-tone on this full metal mofo

Those are my 2 top choices for buying a 2-tone starter M4

if you get ukara'd as we say - then you can go nutz on an all black or tan Realistic Imitation Firearm....

But be warned buying these rif toys can get very addictive but there is 2 great 2-tone starters for you

I am really impressed by your latter choice of full metal M4-like AEG. I am putting this on my consideration list.

Do you or anyone else has any more similar options like full metal body, 350+ FPS and 60m+ range?

And I have narrowed down my search results to airsoft world and zerooneairsoft. These websites are legitimate right? I can do a google search but as I said, I am solely relying on you guys for any decisions.

agreed 2-tone G&G might be just a stepping stone if you get into it

but if a newcomer stays or quits after 6, 12, 18 months.....

Raider £123 plus battery charger etc.....

(now if the battery/charger sourced seperately and say bought 2 x batteries - 7.4v lipo's could save money)

But anyway - say for arguments sake £175 all in cost of gun n battery charger

OP quits or gets ukara and thinks flog Raider.....

£100 quick sale all in or maybe a bit more light skirmish use and hardly used ???

3 x hire guns would of cost him about £25 a pop = £75 to get ukara'd

now op would be f*cked with some "BB" guns - if they lasted that long

but a Raider should hold up well and hold its value a bit or be worth keeping as spare backup gun

so perhaps a 2-tone G&G is a worthy consideration even if user might get ukara'd and go for a RIF later on

(well I think it ain't unwise - but another crappy aeg gun from BB sites is deffo not a wise long term investment)

You are right. It is best for me to just get an expensive, proper AEG airsoft and then paint it to black or whatever colour SHOULD I choose to be ukara'd.

60mtr range usually takes some work to get. 40-50 mtr is the Norm. You'd have to do some serious work on the hop up to get more and use heavier bbs.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.