Tokyo Mauri vsr10 spring upgrade?

Rjjgutt88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm wanting to change the spring but just wondering if there is anything I need to be cautious about or any tips or advice anyone can give me .

Do you mean you want to change the stock spring in a TM VSR? If yes you need to see if your cylinder is the earlier type with a pin in the side (That ha to be carefully drilled out) or the newer version which cannot be opened as it's crimped. If it's the earlier then a stock vsr can run approx 400fps with just a spring change. If you add a type B hope lever you should find it's lift heavier BB's, although sub 500 a type A might be better as the power/weight ratio means .3-.4 would be a better option. If you're after looking at turning it into a 500fps beast then ideally you'll be upgrading the cylinder,head, spring, spring guide, trigger (Including sear) and swapping the hop arm to a type B.

Check put ASPUK as they're the most reasonable cost wise although the company has just been taken over and stock is low.

I know guys that have just changed the spring, spring guide, sear and hop arm and it works fine but remember the stress on that sear/trigger will evebtually cause a failure. But if funds are tight it's a great way to start!

• 2 months later...

I have a mosquito molds cylinder/piston/m150 spring sitting here doing nothing if you are interested,

It was in my tm vsr.

You will need to fit better sears it's 90 deg trigger unit and a type b hop lever.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.