Respraying Two Tone IF's

Shekmeister

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, just new to the forums and I was wondering if it's possible to respray a two tone rifle with non realistic colours without any legal issues (colours that aren't black, coyote brown/tan, olive/green etc).

Just for some context, I'm looking to purchase an airsoft rifle in two tone as I don't have a UKARA membership at the moment. I personally dislike two tone colours so I was hoping to respray it with a nice camo such as those seen in video games.

Here's a link to some CSGO weapon skins, and as you will see they all do not resemble realistic firearms (excluding the black and silver skin) http://images.gameskinny.com/gameskinny/8a8db5d1f60b2ab6e2723af979e41d6a.jpg

Would a colour scheme similar to the CSGO weapon skins be doable without any legal hassle?

Guest PT247

Legally you are not allowed to turn an IF into a RIF.

If your IF started off as a RIF which the shop painted for you due to not having UKARA then the paint might wear off quite quickly if you were to clean it.

If the IF started off bright colours and is a budget gun, it might be better to keep it as is until you can get your UKARA membership and buy a proper RIF then sell the IF to someone just starting out.

Guest PT247

ahh fair enough, he did mention "colours that aren't black, coyote brown/tan, olive/green etc" which he'd not be able to use. though.

• Supporters

Hey everyone, just new to the forums and I was wondering if it's possible to respray a two tone rifle with non realistic colours without any legal issues (colours that aren't black, coyote brown/tan, olive/green etc).

Just for some context, I'm looking to purchase an airsoft rifle in two tone as I don't have a UKARA membership at the moment. I personally dislike two tone colours so I was hoping to respray it with a nice camo such as those seen in video games.

Here's a link to some CSGO weapon skins, and as you will see they all do not resemble realistic firearms (excluding the black and silver skin) http://images.gameskinny.com/gameskinny/8a8db5d1f60b2ab6e2723af979e41d6a.jpg

Would a colour scheme similar to the CSGO weapon skins be doable without any legal hassle?

You should be OK. G&G have started selling guns in their "Wasteland" range that are similar so as long as it's more than half a bright, unrealistic colour you should fulfil the criteria. The most important of which is "don't wave it about in public and you'll be fine".

Thanks for the reply guys, I do have the budget to purchase some of the high end guns, just that I'm not yet 18 and therefore I cant apply for UKARA. Some of the custom paint jobs can look really nice and it'd be something different and unique compared to other players

You can spray an IF however you want. If you make it look realistic you technically need a defence (such as UKARA) but if it still looks unrealistic then you haven't committed any offence

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.