plate carrier/combat vest ideas?

noodles23

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

TMC

FMA

Modi

WAS

Are all good brands you can get for around £100. If you like designs like the lightweight JPC by Crye you can get some exceptional clones by Modi and TMC for around £40 from places like Gunfire.pl this includes foam sapi plates, so it doesn't sit like a limp bag on your chest.

For heavier loadouts or bigger built guys things like the WAS DCS or some form of LBT6094 (from recent reviews the TMC 6094 is almost a doppleganger) these can range in price dependant on where you buy from.

(i've probably missed other good brands or models but this was a on the fly post)

• Supporters

hello!, im currently looking for a plate carrier/combat vest has anyone got any good suggestions on one priced around the 100 pound mark, even better if there lower than that.

Do you want it to come with pouches for £100?

• Supporters

Yes if possible

As per my PM, £100 is a bit low for a WAS rig with pouches unless you can find one second hand (great kit though)

You could also look at www.military1st.co.uk and check out the range they do. Cheaper end brands they sell include Condor or Flyye which are both pretty decent for the money.

Personally I'd avoid the "assault vest" style with built in pouches as the can be a bit restrictive on placement but if you go down the webbing/chest rig route then your budget will go further. Take a look at South African Assault Vests (SAAV for short) for a good example of a good, basic and cheap rig!

• Supporters

Also - what colour were you looking at? Plain colours (black/OD/coyote) tend to be cheaper than the camo stuff (with the exception of good old DPM) because of licencing costs (some patterns like Multicam, ATACS, Penncott etc) are trademarked.

• Supporters

I run an olive ex French army surplus plate carrier that you can pick up for around £35. They also come in black.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201072951765?nav=SEARCH&varId=500254168128

Plenty of space on it, quite sturdy and also very cheap. That leaves you £65 to kit it out with pouches and accessories :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.