Another Newbie!

Dola75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Another newbie here... I played woods paintball and then tournament (x-ball) paintball for many years but fell out of love with the game. I think Airsoft can fill the void as Iooking back, it's the milsim experience that I no longer get from paintball and that's what I miss!

So... Where do all the Surrey Airsofters play? I am based in Surrey, KT15.

I am looking to get a top-end M4... Any suggestions?

PTS is a brand that seems like just paying more money for the (magpul) furniture, which everyone considers cool as for a few months it made peoples M4 stand-out from the crowd.

For a M4 look at ones by G&G or ICS. If you're the tinkering/upgrading type then these will be the perfect platform to start with (will do you fine for use but have room to pimp). If you'd rather spend a bit more for something you don't need to touch/upgrade ever, then get a Tokyo Marui (tinkering with them usually disturbs their careful balance and ruins them)

Also check out the guides in this forum section, they're actually really good for new players.

Guest PT247

I have to disagree Colonel, my PTS is by far the best gun I have ever used. Sure you pay extra for the Magpul bits but you also get a gun that shoots straight and far consistently and it also has recoil (vastly better than the TM recoils I have used) and pumps out 350 fps with no mods.

Thanks for the replies... I have some research to do! I am definitely the tinkering type.

Why is recoil a bonus? I would have thought recoil would decrease accuracy and add complexity? If the objective is to score a hit won't recoil detract from this objective?

What's the opinion on KWA?

Certainly happy to stand corrected, I have heard the recoil is excellent. Just felt best to steer any new-comer towards something more generic, as they might not notice or care about the furniture, or want recoil.

to op: Recoil is only a bonus to those wanting the gun to feel more real, otherwise it is indeed just a hindrance. I myself don't care for it.

KWA is alright depending on the gun, but not particularly excellent.

Guest PT247

KWA and PTS were in partnership with the RM4.

Aye, recoil isn't necessary, it just helps remove the feeling that you are playing with an automatic pea-shooter a little.

I bought an rm4 on pts247's recomendations and given how i already fancied the sound of one just befor i joined the forum. And i LOVE my rm4! Getting hard to find stock in the uk now as i belive they are discontiued. But its a damn good aeg! And as with most aeg's parts are available to upgrade or repair them if it went wrong. But from what id seen/read they are a solid platform with great out the box performance!

Oh and welcome :) is a great bunch on here.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.