Couriers

Kalex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all, sorry if there is already a post like this, just on the bus to work and the question popped into my head.

I'm selling my M4 but have never used a courier before and thought easier to sell it if I did, so my question really is who do you use and how well should it be packaged?

It should be packaged well, so as not to get the item damaged and also so that the courier won't have any reason to think that they are carrying an assault rifle.

I personally have had bad experiences with Hermes (lobbing packages over fences, damaging items, not being able to contact the courier) and Yodel (delivering to the wrong address, being difficult to contact), and would recommend you stay clear, but UkMail, DPD and UPS have always been sound in my experience

• Supporters

Only parcelforce takes airsoft guns. You must declare "low powered airgun". I just read that even if you try to pay more for insurance, they will not insure it above that £100 (but they take your money of course :) ) You can only send it with express48

You can't send things that take gas. Gas magazines for example, even if they are empty.

Of course if they don't know about it, they will take it, but if they do find it, they simply destroy it without warning.

Edit: hermes's website declares they won't take guns and they destroy it if found, but someone said he called them and they said it's fine.

Royal Mail/Parcelforce for me - I declare it as an airsoft rifle and have had no refusals as they can ship them according to their rules on prohibited items. So long as it's not a gas gun or contain batteries they can ship it.

Or at least they used to. Haven't sold a gun in a while so it's worth checking their policies before shipping it.

Edit: I've also had issues with UKMail and Yodel. Both companies have either broke, lost or tried to deliver to the wrong address on most of my orders I've had sent to me through them - even from retailers.

Cheers guys, I refuse to use yodel anyway, they are next to useless.

Just the first time of doing it and with my luck I know it'll go wrong haha

• Supporters

As above, Royal Mail/Parcelforce. There is a minimum service that you must use (1st class signed for at minimum) and it must be declared and insured correctly (don't just put "toy" for example). The details are all on the Royal Mail website (look for "restricted items" or similar). You don't HAVE to use Parcelforce express48 but it's more than likely the dimensions of the package will push you down that route anyway.

• Supporters

So who's the best to send gas guns via? I need to ship out some gas tanks (for my m870) and the gun and don't really want it being nabbed and destroyed

Same, royal mail/parcelforce. Make sure you follow the instructions and get the right postage. Make sure there's no gas in it before you ship it.

Do what the armed forces do

Mark it as medical or kitchen supplys lol

RM wouldn't ship a battery & the only company who would was charging me double for what the buyer paid for it so I repackaged it, went down the following day & said it was RC stuff so he got it the following day

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.