Non airsoft sales

Berto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it ok to sell non airsoft stuff here? I've got a dslr I won at work and I've no interest or talent for photography so it's wasted on me, just wondered if I could pop a for sale thread up and avoid getting fleeced on ebays fees.

Berto

Cheers esoterick.

No need to be a smart ass airsoft_mr b, I was just asking a question. I see like lots of pictures of people in the field and of loadouts etc so though someone might be interested. A simple no would have done and probably caused less offence.

• Supporters

I used to spend a lot of time on a motorcycle forum. They allowed non-motorcycle related ads in their For Sale section (albeit in their own sub forum but still). I think it would be a good idea personally to have a sub forum for "anything goes", there's loads of people here that are gamers for instance that might want to shift an Xbox to pay for a new rifle.

• Supporters

It's been discussed at length by us mods and we've decided not to go for it.

We like the fact that we are primarily still a 'discussion forum', rather than a 'selling forum' + as we can't moderate stuff we don't know about, we've chosen to keep it strictly airsoft only.

There will be camera forums you can sign up to and you're more likely to get a better deal than off here.

Cheers

Suggestion:

What if there was a 'general for sale' section in the Supporters forum?

This way, to sell non-airsoft stuff you will have to be a forum supporter, meaning AFUK gets something towards the running of the forums, and members can have another outlet for selling unwanted items to like-minded individuals?

• 2 weeks later...

Been told I'm allowed to sell in the Supporters section... but that kinda limits the exposure. my suggestion would be a non airsoft sales forum which anyone could see but only supporters could post in.

Hats off to the mods either way!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.