Not firing......

Muzza

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive added the new outer barrel and silencer. The inner barrel & hop up parts have not been messed with, However the gun will not fire? ive tested it with old & new maggs but still not shots fired... There is air passing out the end, but the BB's dont seem to be taking??

I've then had the inner barrel out and stripped and rebuilt, but still no joy......

Any ideas???

I also have a new inner on its way.

Madbull Airsoft Black Python Ver.2 6.03mm Tight Bore Barrel (300mm)

.With

Lonex Hop-up Rubber 50 Degrees.

Cheers

Muzza

• Supporters

1) try with your hop turned all the way off

2) take the mag out, turn the gun over and look into the hop unit while you try and fire it - does the nozzle go in and out of the hop unit?

3) does the gearbox cycle properly when you pull the trigger? Is the motor getting overly hot?

4) were the inner barrel/hop removed to enable you to change the outer barrel or was it all left in situ and then the outer just slipped on over the top?

5) try taking the silencer off and shooting - is the silencer blocked/misaligned?

3. the motor is fine it's a brand new gun .. not been used yet.

4. The inner barrel and hop up unit came out too, however the inner an outer do not touch.

5. Silencer removed and fired still no BB's passing.

will try options 1 & 2.

Cheers

Muzza

• Supporters

if all else fails refit old old outer barrel

the new barrel could be pushing the hop unit a smidge further back

so that the nozzle doesn't clear the magwell and allow a bb to enter hop unit

(even 0.5mm difference will cause feed problems - heck probably 0.25mm would)

if old barrel feeds then it might be a case of comparing the two outers and carefully

filing the new barrel a slither to get the hop to sit correctly forward and allowing bb's to enter hop

To far forward though and you lose a good seal from nozzle to bucking - it is a very fine line sometimes

it could be a tiny little burr on the cut-out or grooves for hop unit

or it could be a burr or slightly thicker lip or rim of the outer barrel that is throwing out the final position of hop unit

end of the day it may probably need to have both outers - side by side and make very very close comparisons

and I mean very very very close comparisons - your'e lucky you got only a small concentrated area to diagnose

change a few bits at once or build something from scratch and you could be looking at half a dozen headaches

coz you can't exactly pinpoint as they didn't all work together ok previously......

Hence now many of us have learnt when changing the smallest part you really really need to examine and compare first

AND STILL I GET AEG MIGRANES

yes follow Lozart's advice but if all else fails swap back outer barrels n see if she still fires

• Supporters

4. The inner barrel and hop up unit came out too, however the inner an outer do not touch.

It's not whether the barrels touch so much as if the hop unit still lines up properly with the nozzle (which you should be able to see if you do number 2 in the list as the nozzle won't cycle in and out of the hop unit properly).

So I took it apart again, checked it all out, then took my time putting it back together. The thing fires upside-down but not properly the right way up. I have to jolt it,seems as if they are not getting to the top properly.

Ummmm are you sure it's not the magazine that's playing up & not feeding ??

If it's working upside down then it's possible the mag spring ain't working properly

If you've got some silicon oil, put a few drops in a bag with about 50 bb's, shake the bag then load them in your mag for a few minutes then remove them, load your mag again with bb's & see if it works

Magazine maintanance is as important as the rifle

Make sure when you reload your mag that there fresh bb's

I keep a permanent bag of oiled bb's for all of my mags

If all that fails try this little trick to make sure the mag is feeding. Take the inner & hop unit out of the rifle. Put about 25 BBs in the mag, unless you are using a hicap, in which case load about 75 BBs and wind the mag fully. Then, holding you thumb or finger over the hole the nozzle goes in from, put the hop feed tube into the top of the mag (it's best to place the bottom of the mag on something solid, like a table or worktop). If the mag is feeding is should load about 4 or 5 BBs into the tube and align with the nozzle feed hole. If not, you have a problem either with your mag spring, the little slide that keeps the BBs retained in the mag, or the hop unit itself. If it does feed, carefully stick a bag over the nozzle feed hole, then take away your finger. If the mag is feeding strongly BBs should shoot out of the back of the hop unit (the bag is there to stop them going all over the house!!).

The other things to check are that the small diameter spring is still on the top of the hop unit, to push the hop back into tight contact with the gearbox, and that the hop isn't turned fully on by mistake. To check, with the inner & hop out of the gun, look down the inner from the muzzle end with the hop towards a light source. With the hop fully off you should either not be able to see the hop rubber at all, or just the slightest bump in the top of the hop. If you can see a lot of hop rubber then that may be your problem.

Problem solved. . Was the stock set up. Got a better longer barrel and Bucking.

Stock 200mm barrel against the 300mm Mad bull blk python tight bore. In metal outer barrel conversion.

Works a bloody treat now, very happy.

th_DSC_0192_zpsxix8xcxh.jpg

th_DSC_0193_zpsqxxy6u5c.jpg

th_DSC_0194_zpsaj3mvfkx.jpg

Hoping for better accuracy over a greater distance.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.